Liddell-I would have knocked out Jones in my prime

Jones would have annihilated him.

Prime Chuck vs Silva would be much more interesting.

Chucks knuckles in the photo with Hackleman - abused lol! Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

SQUEEZIE - come on charles, rampage beat that ass twice in your prime. jbj puts you away on your best day.

Chuck had an ear infection in the first fight so he couldn't hear the gameplan from Dana. The 2nd fight was an older and slower Chuck, I believe it was post-flu Chuck.

epwar -
Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -
Steven McTowelie - If they were both in their prime's, Jones would never want to fuck chuck. Phone Post 3.0

Right.  Jones is always hiding from the top guys like Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Vitor, Gustaffson, and Machida.

Boohoo I hate jokes. You should vote me down again tomorrow champ! Phone Post 3.0

How on earth was anyone supposed to tell your post was a "joke"?

Perhaps because I referenced 'fuck chuck', one of the most comical memories of Chuck's career? Phone Post 3.0

Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -
Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -
Steven McTowelie - If they were both in their prime's, Jones would never want to fuck chuck. Phone Post 3.0

Right.  Jones is always hiding from the top guys like Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Vitor, Gustaffson, and Machida.

Boohoo I hate jokes. You should vote me down again tomorrow champ! Phone Post 3.0

Perhaps because I referenced 'fuck chuck', one of the most comical memories of Chuck's career? Phone Post 3.0

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, that totally flew over my head.  I automatically assumed you were the average Jones hater.  Will VU for the next 5 days for my mistake.

Wholesome - What a bunch of fags. Chuck Liddel was one of the greatest fighters to ever live, he has every right to comment.
And he's not even saying anything redundant, he said he would have beat jones in his prime (i agree and have always said this) and he wonders if jones is going to find his power.

So in my humble opinion the two of you running your mouths are bitches... OOOOOHH i just went there
lol @ you 2
bet you feel stupid

faggots

A prime Chuck would get KTFO by Jones.  And right back at you fagboy.  Go suck your mothers dick.

epwar -
Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -
Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, that totally flew over my head.  I automatically assumed you were the average Jones hater.  Will VU for the next 5 days for my mistake.

You two, get a room already.

And Chuck by KO, just don't have it in me to vote any other way. Phone Post 3.0

epwar - 
Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -
Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -

same here, my bad...i thought you were trying to say that jones would never want to fuck w chuck.

GarlicSenior - You guys are delusional lol, Chuck was great in his day but Jones would kick his ass no matter what version of Chuck showed up.

this. VTFU

TzTinkle - 
SQUEEZIE - come on charles, rampage beat that ass twice in your prime. jbj puts you away on your best day.

Chuck had an ear infection in the first fight so he couldn't hear the gameplan from Dana. The 2nd fight was an older and slower Chuck, I believe it was post-flu Chuck.

not sure if serious gif needed bad.

SQUEEZIE -
epwar - 
Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -
Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -

same here, my bad...i thought you were trying to say that jones would never want to fuck w chuck.
Hahaha it's all good.

Just a little arrow! Phone Post 3.0

Back in my day I would have.,., No Chuck, you wouldn't. Chucks record doesn't even compare to Jones and they fought many of the same people such as Rampage, Shogun, Rashad.. The difference is that Chuck lost to them and Jones outclassed them and finished the fight.

I loved watching Chuck Liddell but fighter have changed and his time has passed. Phone Post 3.0

SQUEEZIE - 
Brabo Ben - They're fighters,abd he was the top light heavyweight of his era bar shogun and wand,of course he would say this. Phone Post 3.0
<br />
<span class="User-322514" id="userPost49182061">what about the guy who beat his ass twice in his prime.chuck was the number 4-6 best lhw in the world in his prime.</span><br />
&nbsp;</blockquote>

Not really a fair assesment, if anything there was a pretty even footing and stylistic triangle.

Tito could beat Wandy due to offensive wrestling

Wandy could beat Rampage due to Muay Thai clinches and knees

Rampage could beat Chuck due to counter punching and power

And Chuck could beat Tito due to defensive wrestling and a fucked up chin

Not to mention the switch from a ring to cage and rulesets always muddles shit. I think Chuck was incredibly unique and amazing for his specific era. It was an era when wrestlers were absolutely shit wrecking in the UFC (much less so in Pride because of the 4 cornered ring conducive to striking, and the ropes, and the downed knees / soccer kicks / stomps), and he was the ultimate anti-wrestler. All the GnP in the world couldn't stop Chuck and he'd just stand up and ignore shots when taken down -- if that could even happen since his wrestling was amazing enough that would rarely occurin the first place

I mean fuck, Chuck beat Pele, but he acknowledged Pele's superior striking and mixed in his wrestling. I wish he would've tried that shit with Rampage, especially when he was still slampage. For all of Chuck's skill set, he barely utilized it outside of a few early and late fights (when he realized he couldn't rely on his chin), because he never needed to.

It's the same reason fucking AS threw such stupid leg kicks at Weidman RIGHT AFTER GETTING FUCKING TOOLED. He just couldn't respect his striking because he's never had to. Longo put it well, he said he couldn't believe what he was seeing and if this was his kickboxing days, anyone dumb enough to throw full power and telgraphed leg kicks with no hands set up would 100% expect to have his legs destroyed (certainly not broken, but ruined enough to fuck up the fight and, to be fair,  Longo did break one or two opponents' legs using the same tech back in his heyday).

Same deal with the hands down and taunting approach, it's not textbook and AS didn't always fight that way, but when fighting a former champion means fighting someone with Forrest Griffin's buttfuck retarded striking (I love Forrest and he's one of my favorite fighters, but wtf was that 1-2-1-2/left-right-left-right zombie walking alternating bullshit lol) he's got no reason to fight smart. I mean AS' introduction fight was Leben lol I love Leben, but his striking is so Godawful. Franklin was probably the last time we saw AS fight semi-intelligently and like literally the last time we even saw his plum clinch.

I think you have to take Chuck for what he is and compare him to who he fought at the time and who his skill set was designed to fight and defeat at the time. He was and always will be, to me, the prototype Sprawl and Brawler and anti-wrestler (Obviously he wasn't the first and their were even guys in shooto like Yoshiki Takahashi, but Lidell exemplified it to me)

... Anyways that's enough nut riding for me for one day

Also, how could you say Rampage's second win was against Chuck's prime? He one shotted him like he one shotted Wandy lol

And Chuck never won a fight after that, I'd say Rampage's first win was against a prime Lidell, not so sure about the second since he was absolutely chinny in that, and every subsequent fight

Edit: Sorry, Chuck did manage to win one more fight after that... Against a brutally past his prime Wandy

cecils_pupils -

Yawn.  So tired of hearing from has-beens about how they woulda done this and that back in their prime.  News flash Chuck:  your prime was over ten years ago.  Try living in the present and being respectful of the current champ.  You are a UFC employee now, try showing some professionalsim for chirst sake.

You shut your whore mouth you bbc loving faggot! Phone Post 3.0

Chuck is right. With his iron chin we would have totally wrecked Jones:

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/21366/2gt4uwg.gif

http://www.fightertrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rich-franklin-knockout-chuck-liddell-ufc-115.gif

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1747395/34sm9m8.gif

Get real bro.

(BLUE PLEASE, I know most of you came here to see these gifs :D)

Haha...classic! Phone Post 3.0

Chuck will always be a great! But chuck would never beat jones now or prime vs now ! Phone Post 3.0

HiHu - Chuck is right. With his iron chin we would have totally wrecked Jones:

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/21366/2gt4uwg.gif

http://www.fightertrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rich-franklin-knockout-chuck-liddell-ufc-115.gif

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1747395/34sm9m8.gif

Get real bro.

(BLUE PLEASE, I know most of you came here to see these gifs :D)

I will say one thing Chuck really went out on his shield. He went for broke in that fight against Franklin and it was one of the better ones i had seen in awhile while it lasted.