Liddell on the night a Nightclub DJ thought he could take an Iceman Bodyshot

It’s hard to imagine anyone volunteering for Chuck Liddell to hit them but back in 2009 that’s exactly what happened when the UFC Hall of Famer visited a nightclub in Kentucky.

At the time, Liddell was traveling to the Kentucky Derby while working on a potential business deal to invest in a restaurant. Because the horse race is a full weekend event, “The Iceman” ended up at a nightclub with some friends where he was hanging out, having a few drinks and just enjoying himself.

That’s when Liddell met the DJ at the club, who had an all too familiar request for him.

“We’re out there for the Kentucky Derby and I was out one night at the club,” Liddell explained when speaking to MMA Fighting. “This DJ comes up to me and goes ‘I’ve been training, I think I can take a body shot from you.’ I’m like no you’re not, I’ve been drinking and I don’t want to hit you. We talked for a minute and he’s like ‘can I at least announce you’re at the club, get up on stage with me?’ and I said sure.

“So he gets on stage and announces to the club that ‘I can take a body shot from Chuck Liddell … and Chuck Liddell is here and I’m going to take a body shot from him!’”

1 Like

Liddell on the night he thought he was a Nightclub DJ

1 Like

The great man himself deserved to enjoy himself

ttt