Life changed yesterday...

I switched from an Iphone to the Galaxy S4. So far, so good, but the alarm didn't wake me up this morning, and I can't get it to stop making sounds every time I try to type on it. I'll be sure to keep you all up to date though.

Now you can get the shitty app for this site that they never update and join our misery! Phone Post

Look on YouTube for walk throughs of your phone Phone Post

lol those settings are easy to tweak. Youll get the hang of it youre a smart dood. Congrats.

Congrats OP.  Iphones, Ipods, Ipads, basically anything with an "i" in front of it, sucks donkey shit.

Ok, I'll give you a serious answer...in your settings, find the "language and input" section and there will be a portion for Google keyboard. There you will find what you seek. Forget what it's called because a stock ROM lasts only the ride home on any phone I get. Phone Post

download the Swift Key keyboard and thank me later. IMHO its the most unanimously agreed upon (on this board anyway) best keyboard. I love it myself

and read through darth ryase's epic android app thread. itll make your life easier

You won't be able to shut off the shutter sound for the camera, but there are camera apps where you can

I just switched from swype to swiftkey because swype was opening slow on my phone. The swipe feature on swiftkey fucking blows! Phone Post

PatK - You won't be able to shut off the shutter sound for the camera, but there are camera apps where you can

you can if you put your phone on vibrate (on the S3 anyway)

regarding the questions above about the keyboard, Im talking about conventional typing and not swiping.

PatK - You won't be able to shut off the shutter sound for the camera, but there are camera apps where you can

Uh yeah you can. Open the camera > tap the settings gear icon > toggle shutter sound to "off."

Magic.

Also, the alarm on the S4 is very robust. I have mine so it plays some really soft raindrop sounds about 5 minutes before I want to get up. After that it reads me the news and my calendar for the day and then goes off like a regular alarm.

The Android built in alarm is awesome.

I knew I could count on you goofy fuckers. Thanks!

aquarela -
Phuckles - 

Uh yeah you can. Open the camera > tap the settings gear icon > toggle shutter sound to "off."

Magic.

i don't know if you can turn off the stock camera sound, but you can on camera ICS.

google keyboard is the best (imo) of the slidey keyboards

samsung tv/cable tv app FTW

aviary for photo editing (the camera isn't as good as the iphone camera, and it needs a light editing touch)

weatherbomb for weather

gesture search (so awesome)

You can turn off the shutter sound. I just posted the 3 easy steps to do so. Phone Post

You can in fact turn off the shutter sound. I was able to.