Lifetime Workout?

I’d need some dance music and another sweat soaked guy looking deep into my eyes while I’m lifting, but I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Welcome to the law of accommodation. You have to give your body new stimulus. If you keep doing the same thing forever you stop making progress and may even regress and/or get injured. Adding more reps is one way to vary things but as you’re experiencing that only works to a point.

Try changing up the type of burpee you do. And/or change the set/rep/rest scheme.

1 Like

I created more variety last night which helped. I think I also need to focus more effort into loosening up and cooling down. I’ve entered old guy territory.

2 Likes

300 burpees tonight with no breaks. I have no idea how that dude on YouTube does 1000.

2 Likes

300 burpees is great!

Holy shit, I just did 400 one pumpers straight! I’m actually feeling pretty good, knock on wood.

congrats on 400 one pumpers!
What are one pumpers? (seriously, you seem to be quite proficient at that, could you please lay down the most basic burpee terminology? what are x-pumps, x-counts and “navy seals”? )

One pump is essentially one push-up incorporated into each burpee. Two pump equals two pushups per burpee and so on.

Navy SEAL consists of three pushups or “pumps” - after the first push-up bring right knee towards midsection and then extend, after second push-up bring left knee towards midsection and then extend, the third push-up is regular, and then stand up. Haven’t tried these yet.

Not sure about “X” type. I’m fairly new to extensive use of burpee related exercise so I’m learning as I go but I can definitely feel the benefit.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!
Gonna try out a burpee routine next week. I checked out the channel you recommended. It sounds a little bit insane albeit spartan - exactly my kind of thing.

1 Like

Good luck and post how it goes. I prefer to do the burpees in sets of twenty and incorporate them in a circuit with other exercises. Breaks up the monotony. Once in a while though, I’ll shoot for a high rep count.

Burpee pullups ftw

1 Like

Great because you can either briefly dead hang or use momentum, depending.