Link to espn outside the lines on UFC?

TTT for later and reading the paid commentary of the perpetual Zuffa supporting Cindy O. Phone Post

Ghenghis - ESPN 2 Friday Night Fights

Mauricio Herrera ($8,500) UD-12 Ruslan Provodnikov ($10,000)

Demetrius Andrade ($8,000) UD-8 Albert Herrera ($6,500)

Lonnie Smith ($800) KO-1 Jose Gomez ($1,800)

Harry Namauu ($2,000) UD-6 Manuel Otero ($1,500)

Richard Contreras ($1,200) KO-1 Juan Tepoz ($1,200)

Oscar Andrade ($1,200) UD-4 Deth'Marcus Hall ($1,200)

Jesus Gutierrez ($1,200) NC Franky Martinez ($1,200)

One promoter calling out another over low pay scales......

Yeah, but they'll say, "Well, we down own the promotion- we just buy the content from a cheap-ass outfit who pay the fighters peanuts, slap our name on it and sell space for a pretty penny to advertisers... so its not the exact same thing."

If you're going to go after someone for supposedly underpaying fighters, even though you have no clue what their revenues are, shouldn't you have your own sh!t together first? They support it as long as THEY are profiting from it? GTFO!!!

Cindy

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Damn. I always feel guilty when I'm a dick to you Cindy. I apologize, i was arguing in another thread and i brought it to that post, it was uncalled for and I'm sorry. Phone Post

;)

Cindy

cdmontgo -
CindyO - 
NAAFS -  Is there a bigger monopoly in sports than Espn? I think not....

It was a non-story until Zuffa released some of the unaired footage about ESPNs fight business, IMO=)

They too are in the business, make far more than Zuffa yet pay extremely less than Zuffa's least paid guy on the roster. How on earth do you point a finger when what you do is far worse?

Without knowing revenues it is ridiculous to try and quantify anyone is being underpaid.

You know, like when Zuffa looked up ESPN's records and learned they do like $2.8 billion per year yet paid their fighters a few hundred bucks to fight multiple round bouts? Yes... it was worth repeating, IMO.

A definite non-story until THAT, IMO. Dummies.

Cindy

AFAIK, ESPN doesn't pay the fighter which compete in the events which they air. The promoter does, and the price is an agreement between the promoter and the fighter/figher's agent. ESPN doesn't control payments to the fighers.

ESPN pays the promoter for the rights to their product (details based on their agreement).

So, no, ESPN does not pay fighters extremely less than Zuffa.

Feel free to post evidence which proves me wrong.

The proof is in the pudding, how much do you think ESPN paid the promoter in order for them to pay their fighter less than $300? If ESPN paid 3000 do you honestly think the fighter accepted less than 10%? Phone Post