Linux heads, need advice

I want to create an SCP daemon to handle transfer requests on Redhat Linux from other programs.

Can any of you point me to a good website/document that would have useful info for this task?

http://www.openssh.com

lol, isn't this the second time I've helped you out with something like this?

could I at least get a reference from you as a "independent consultant"? ;)

Get him to send you 10 dollars and then slap it on your resume.

I took it as that he wanted to create a scp daemon in Java or something and run it on Linux... maybe he doesn't want to mess with native code on Java

Mindterm does a java ssh (which you can see at athena.dialup.mit.edu/ssh.html) but I don't know about scp.

I think I gave this link to you once already though.

http://www.appgate.com/products/5_MindTerm/4_Download/

'You aware that an scp daemon ships with most distros of Linux, right? '

Well, I don't claim to be a Linuux guy, here OR at work, but here's how it went down...

I work on an I-series. I get data for people. A lot of our clients want SSH-type ftp. Last I asked (thans again RobRpm) we did in fact use Rob's solution from SourceForge, which I'm totally okay with using again, (this because the I-series diesn't supoprt SSH directly). Works a treat. BUT - the network security people are not happy with sending stuff directly from an AS/400 to the outside world. So now we have another client. They want the same thing. Networks say "No fuggin way, put it on a Linux server to FTP stuff." But we have no server dedicated to this, and upstairs is too cheap to buy one. Enter the head techy on the I-series side. He's monkying around with a Linux partition on the I-series. Management gets wind and kamblammo! - This parition is now to be our SSH server. But since it's on I-series iron... the I-series guys have to make it go...

I got e-mailed a PDF for Red Hat on the I-series, and the first thing I did was look for 'scp daemon' with no luck. So either my manual or spelling is crappy, or Red Hat on the I-series doesn't have all the usual bells and whistles...

We've already found some unusual side-effects, like if you reboot the main partition, it wipes out the Linux install... something not immediately apparent from IBM documentation. But then, the guy doing the install is not a Linux guy either. Wait until he finds out that he's supprting the new CVS server as well...

And I'll be totally willing to give you some coin and/or contraband. Got PayPal?

poobear- I appreciate the money offer, but I don't need it.

what I could use more in the future are references.. i.e. this guy knows his shit (somewhat)...

Absolutely...

How do you want me to set it up?