List of Billionaires rich from slavery.....

Nobody ever talks about how most uber-rich individuals today became rich from current slavery. 

Jeff Bezos -

He has literally created a direct highway for dirt cheap Chinese labor to ship from China straight to our doorstep. Back in the day the distributors at the docks atleast shuffled the inventory amongst stores and other US businesses to make a few bucks. Now its all bypassed via Amazon. 

Id like to compile a list of billionaires and companies thats profit directly connect to slave and/or child labor. 

You guys know more about this than me....

..what do you have?

Don’t care.

4 Likes

Nike

Apple

pretty much all major car brands. 

Its sad how many jobs we lost to cheap labor, but nobody protests that. Our own government didn’t give a shit until Trump came along.  

5 Likes

Vanderbilts time to cancel Anderson Copper! 

Bend The Knee -

Nike

Apple

Its sad how many jobs we lost to cheap labor, but nobody protests that. Our own government didn’t give a shit until Trump came along.  

not a whole lot you can do about it in a truly free market.  there will always be pressure to reduce costs which will always exploit labor markets.  it’s good news for 3rd world economies where it ultimately raises standards of living.  where we failed was not retraining those here at home that lost jobs as a result.  people were talking about that for years and did nothing.

1 Like
Bend The Knee -

Nike

Apple

Did those companies use slaves? Or cheap labour? 

are the places where Nike has a factory better or worse than they were before Nike got there 

I’m not saying Nike is right - morally - maybe they should be paying more

but  they aren’t using slaves 

androb -
Bend The Knee -

Nike

Apple

are the places where Nike has a factory better or worse than they were before Nike got there 

https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/global-brands-employ-uyghur-muslims-forced-labour

Bend The Knee -

Nike

Apple

Exactly my point. 

These companies have outsourced for extremely cheap slave and child labor.  Which totally fucks our domestic production and jobs. Why not protest that slavery?  We have to be able to still make products and our own medicine. 

Didnt they have to out nets around the Apple plant to keep Chinese laborers from jumping off the roof?  

Everyone in america lives a better life because of slavery esque conditions in shittier countries.

0hi0direct - 
Bend The Knee -

Nike

Apple

Exactly my point. 

These companies have outsourced for extremely cheap slave and child labor.  Which totally fucks our domestic production and jobs. Why not protest that slavery?  We have to be able to still make products and our own medicine. 

Prices. People don’t want to pay more for goods.

The problem is not just the corporations, almost every American was complicit in buying foreign goods and skipping out on American products.  We have to get used to not having so much pointless crap and be willing to pay more for goods we really need.

Child labour is a free market working properly

- the OG

androb -
Bend The Knee -

Nike

Apple

They’re paying these people insanely low wages. 

1 Like
rudiger -

Child labour is a free market working properly

- the OG

China and other 3rd world shitholes have no complicity in the atrocities I pin on "The Free Market"

-Far-Left ‘Economists’

0hi0direct -

Nobody ever talks about how most uber-rich individuals today became rich from current slavery. 

Jeff Bezos -

He has literally created a direct highway for dirt cheap Chinese labor to ship from China straight to our doorstep. Back in the day the distributors at the docks atleast shuffled the inventory amongst stores and other US businesses to make a few bucks. Now its all bypassed via Amazon. 

Id like to compile a list of billionaires and companies thats profit directly connect to slave and/or child labor. 

You guys know more about this than me....

..what do you have?

You probably need to define slavery. In the true sense, wouldn't slavery be labour against the person's will. 

I'm pretty sure those workers in the Nike, Apple, foxxcon, Amazon supplier factories would be majority immigrant labour from poor rural areas that have made the conscious decision to seek out work that is higher paying than subsistence living on a farm. I'm not saying it still isn't bad, compared to western society, it surely is. But unless you have lived that life, and my father did. Then for a westerner who had lived a privileged life to comment on how terrible it is, didn't know the alternative. 

Joe rogan recently had a guest,  Dr Alan levinovitz, who outlined living naturally vs modern life. He interviewed rural Africans and they all said that modern conveniences trumped living in the primitive state of life that they lived for hundreds of years

As far as billionaires that benefited from slave labour in recent times, then probably none. If you mean cheap labour, then you only need to look at the Forbes list and look at the ones that have wealth that is generated from businesses that rely on human labour. People like bezos, Ortega from zara, Walton family heirs, 

Bend The Knee -
androb -
Bend The Knee -

Nike

Apple

They’re paying these people insanely low wages. 

Low wages compared to where? The west? Of course, but compared to the alternative, subsistence farming, then no . They actually send money back home. So what’s the argument ? Should s they be paying western wages? Then are you OK with paying $300 for a pair of shoes? 

Working cheap does not equal slavery.

No one forces people to work for Amazon, Applie, Nice, etc.

Those who work there do not complain about having this option.

I hate slave labor. I won’t buy from any company that abuses their work force

Wait, if my new iPhone was built in the US it would cost 8 grand?

Nevermind, it’s ok in this case

sewich -

Didnt they have to out nets around the Apple plant to keep Chinese laborers from jumping off the roof?  

Yes.  But according to some its because they didn't know what to do with all the money they were sending home. So they just started jumping from the rafters to the point they put up circus nets.

Not slaves or anything just stressed workers. 

Also remember the millions of Muslims they force labor upon. 

Look im not spinning this politically one way or the other. I think its wild to push blm so hard when we are all essentially living off the backs of slaves one way or another. 

Tariff imports and incentivize domestic manufacturing maybe?

I'm cool with not depending on China and paying a lil more