List of Rickson's record (400-1)

http://kakutogaijinforum.yuku.com/topic/1353#.T6h

sweet!

Defeated Bennie Bloom (12/12) by tap out (1:37)
Defeated Bennie Bloom (12/17) by choke (0:33)

At one time they did have me down as Handy Bloom

See they put me down as Bennie now :-)

I did roll a few different times with him at the Laguna Niguel club.

Good old days

PrisonMattressPuncher -

Rickson counted "club rolling" as victories. Obvously this list was used to hype him up, but I am calling bullshit on it as one of the first enteries, states:

"Draw<!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END-->with <!--EZCODE BOLD START-->Marcos Ruas" As far as I know, Rickson never even met Ruas let alone have a match with him.

You seem to be suggesting Rickson made this list himself? Seems far fetched. Phone Post 3.0

Hahaha!

Dafuq is this shit?

...to use the parlance of our time.

What do you mean, "club rolling". That these opponents/matches were during class times?

You guys should be more respectful. Fact is, people calculate records differently...

I, for instance, happen to count people who tap during technique practice.

I'm not gonna brag, but FWIW, my record is pretty freakin' insane.

There's so much cloudiness with the Gracies that it's ridiculous. Helio destroying Carlos videos then taking credit for BJJ's innovations to Ricksons bullshit record. Phone Post

Lol at keeping track of record when rolling against people. Another lol at timing it to know the exact time.

Is it wrong to not give a shit about Rickson or his invisible Jiu Jitsu?

7 Dust - Is it wrong to not give a shit about Rickson or his invisible Jiu Jitsu?

If you do, it will just count as another win on rickson's mythical record. Phone Post

401-1 by default.

Breeze05 - There's so much cloudiness with the Gracies that it's ridiculous. Helio destroying Carlos videos then taking credit for BJJ's innovations to Ricksons bullshit record. Phone Post
Wait what? Never heard anything about Helio destroying videos do you have a link to source?? That's crazy Phone Post 3.0

7 Dust - Is it wrong to not give a shit about Rickson or his invisible Jiu Jitsu?
I am with u Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - 
I am with u Phone Post 3.0

And his vengeance shall fall from the heavens in a rain of fire, brimstone, hail and fury.......................................

^^^^^^^ yeah, but its the best marketing gimmick eva!! if you ever go to the usa they got thousands of people wearin those pajamas

I thought that list was just a joke put together by someone not linked to Rickson? Phone Post 3.0

Rickson didn't put that list together, and the 400 victories thing was something pushed by the Japanese promoters for MMA because they were trying to hype him up. Someone asked Rickson how many fights he had won, he said probably 400, they ran with it. They did the same thing with their fighters, including their pro wrestling matches as victories as well. You have to remember, MMA back in the mid 1990s was a very different animal than it is now. While today many MMA fans hate the idea of being associated with pro wrestling, back then MMA and pro wrestling were intricately linked and fighters were hyped like face or heel wrestlers to get the crowd into it when no one had official records.

The 1 is a chiropractor here in Oklahoma, Ron Tripp. Phone Post 3.0

I want to know Rickson real comp record. Besides Sambo I guarented he lost in wrestling at the Pan ams as well. He should be able to at least give an accurate Bjj comp record, there wasn't that many high level guys to compete against in the 1980's.