Listen, enough with the Reem isn't a top 10 BS.

Why does K1 get thrown into these arguments for MMA rankings?
It makes no sense, sure there is an aspect that you se in K1 in mma, but it is a different sport.
Do guys get ranking status in MMA because of how well they do at the mundials or ADCC?
No they get ranking status based on their MMA fights.
Otherwise Roger Gracie should be #1 or 2 LHW in the world...

EvilMaster - He'll get ranked in the top 10 if he EVER beats a top 10 fighter. Until then, get it through your head. He is not a top 10 fighter...YOU have nothing.

On skill and experience alone overeem destroyes all these ufc hype machine heavies. Give your fucking head a shake

Brock lesnar ??????? really you fucking zuffa shills that overhyped can ran and did the fucking windmill in his last 2 fights. Give Me a break .Also i love how dana compares brocks div1 wrestling career to his mma career and somehow alistair winning the k1 gp means nothing??? Just LOL

Shane carwin 12-0 all knockouts all in the first round. You shill retards believed that because the ufc hype machine told you. Look at the fight finder and realize you got trolled the fuck out by zuffas lying hype shemes.

Cain velasquez is a legit mma heavyweight prospect. But who the fuck has HE beaten???? Nog? Lets face it nog is and always be a legend but he is an old lion. Cain won a heavyweight title beating up a 5-1 supposed baddest man onthe planet. that shit makes me sick. jds will whoop cain .

JDS is the best striker in the ufc hw div and one tough motherfucker. id say hes ranked #2 at heavyweight in the ufc and would destroy cain via ko and hold the title till fedor or overeem come get theyre shiny plastic belt no problem. Cain vs jds will answer alot of questions about the ufc hw division.

Look at how much of a mess the hw division is right now. Cain jds and cain are the only legit contenders right now. id put money on fedor,overeem and barnett taking them all out no problem.you look at the other 'contenders' and you got something like this : mcorckle, struve, roy, shuab, brock, gonzaga, nog, mir. really dudes? Reem would eat them all up for lunch .

sigh....guess ill have to wait til reem bests werdum and fedor before you guys wake up and realise the reem aint just hype.

EvilMaster - Carwin = Frank Mir, Gabriel Gonzaga.

JDS = Roy Nelson, Fabricio Werdum, Gabriel Gonzaga.

Strikeforce has one legitimate top 10 HW fighter. That's Werdum. If Overeem beats him, he could realistically be ranked around 9 or 10.

dude, im going to let you have it once and for all... GG a top 10?? ahhahahahahah.. so, who did he beat in the top 10 to get in the top 10??

Nelson? Who lost to AA........ and who rogers beat AA.. and Reem beat Rogers..

So, you have no idea what you are talking about

Clipsburgh - These Overeem nuthuggers need to chill the fuck out.

They aren't "nuthuggers", they are sales men selling an idea to noobs...Strikeforce is trying to make a headliner out of nothing using words.

Coker isn't even smart enough to realize that he has a legitimate star on his roster that he could push in Nick Diaz. He would prefer to make himself look like an idiot by marketing this male model Overeem as the next big thing instead, even though all you have to do is look at Overeem's record and you'll realize it's nonsense.

But, it works on the kids I guess. They believe anything these days.

keep comparing overeems lhw record to his hw record. thats all the ammo u got ...

DreamFTW - keep comparing overeems lhw record to his hw record. thats all the ammo u got ...

His record as a whole, regardless of weight class indicates that he has never even come close to beating a legitimate top 10 fighter. Every time he has tried, he was taken out in dominant fashion within two rounds.

That's it. Nothing can change that. Because it's a fact.

^^^^

No, fact is you lie like a motherfucker and never answer the questions you are asked,

You put Nelson and GG in the top 10, but they have less impressive wins than Rogers.. who Reem beat.

You have no credibility, and you might as well not post nonsense anymore.

Put simply. Name 10 heavyweights you think would defeat Overeem.

I count 6 (possibly 7) so in my mind that makes him top 10.

1. Cain
2. Werdum
3. Fedor
4. Lesnar
5. Carwin
6. JDS
7. Barnett (if he comes back like his old self)

No doubt Overeem is probably the best striker in the HW division, but he has been found out wanting when it come to heart/gas. Like I said before, if he were to lose 1 round I bet he would crack. Then again, if he does to Werdum what he did to Bret Rogers for example, I would then be tempted to then rank him higher.

These nerds don't even realize, that every time they try to argue that he is top 10. That Overeem's own record makes them look like idiots who don't know what they are talking about.

It's funny to watch though. :)

EvilMaster - These nerds don't even realize, that every time they try to argue that he is top 10. That Overeem's own record makes them look like idiots who don't know what they are talking about.

It's funny to watch though. :)

Im not a nerd, and I'm certainly not a Pro-Overeem.

I made a fair point, and asked those who disagreed to state the 10 fighters you think would beat him (I named only 7).

I noticed you never named your 10 fighters.

rogers was generally considered top 10 when overeem beat him, and that makes overeem top 10 in my book. the problem is some people rank based on who could beat who, while others rank based on who has beaten who. i would pick reem to beat jds and brock, but to me, that doesn't mean he should be ranked higher than either.<br /><br />rankings are subjective and arguing over them is pointless.

Stop fucking with html exploits DreamFTW.

EvilMaster - Stop fucking with html exploits DreamFTW.

Still no list.

Since ubereems been at HW.

stole crocops soul for good
killed fujita (rip)
hung mark hunts arm on his wall
almost popped james the can thompsons head of will that reematine
threw brett rogers around like a piece of tinfoil

On another note While in k1 he kod bonjansky 5 times in that fight, destroyed badr, and won the gp by beating 3 world class kickboxers in 2 hours.
people question his heart and gastank. Spong was beating him for a round and a half and came back like a possessed demon to fuck him up, then break sakis rib and arm, and flying dutchman the fuck out of aerts. no heart and gastank? really? go back to 2002

EvilMaster - Stop fucking with html exploits DreamFTW.

i aint exploiting anything ....

posting via mobile sucks with the ug....sometimes doesnt register the whole fucking essay i wrote

It's been said and I'll repeat it also. K-1 isn't MMA. He was very impressive this weekend in kickboxing but that has nothing to do with MMA. Could he be 10'er if he would fight MMA? Yes but you have to play the game to win it and he hasn't been "playing" MMA.

And Cain will put him on his ass and smash him btw. Phone Post

Just to summarize:

Proposition: Overeem IS a top 10 HW

Logic: Because he 'would' or 'can' beat everyone up. No mention of 'did' or 'has'.

Conclusion: I am a top 10 HW

Overeem is a great fighter no doubt. He just needs one more top 10 fight to get him on the list.

Overeem is fringe top 10 in MMA.

Two things:

One, succeeding in K-1 just does not help your ranking in MMA. It can't, it should never. K-1 only has one of the three big elements of MMA.

Two, whether you want to admit it or not, Overeem has done nothing but pad his record for the last few years in MMA. He has beaten up the likes of Tony Sylvester, Gary Goodridge, and James Thompson. The Goodridge fight looked pretty fixed to me. Mark Hunt slapped him around until he got submitted with an arm lock, his biggest weakness by far.

Rogers is not a credible opponent, sorry. He slapped Arlovski, so did Datsik. He got brutalized by Fedor, it was Fedor's first fight in the cage. He dropped a round and almost got finished by WARPATH. Let me say that again, yes, Ruben WARPATH Villareal.

Alistair NEEDS to fight guys like Fedor, Barnett, Cain, JDS, Werdum, Carwin, Bigfoot, Brock, Nog, Mir, etc.

I don't even think Overeem could beat Kongo, seriously. The Reem is only a fascinating specimen to the easily impressed. The last time he fought a opponent that was anywhere near relevant was Kharitonov, and he got gassed and ran away before being KO'd in the first fucking round.

Cro Cop would have been an okay win, but he just kept battering testicles and stalled the damn event for like a half hour, it was obnoxious.

He is only fringe top 10 because of the division itself being so-so.

Overeem has a questionable chin and a questionable gas tank (in MMA). He has been repeatedly KO'd by LHW's, Arona frightened him to the point of submitting from strikes. Shogun put him to rest twice. Nogueira slapped him around twice. He has lost almost every rematch.

He is probably #1 or #2 in K-1, easy. He is doing great there, but Saki would probably beat him if they were both at 100%, Hari put him down in under 2 minutes in K-1, Remy bested him. Schilt would put him on blast, as would Ghita.