Little guy was terrified so I let him choke me.

So I work out a mostly MMA gym and although we do have a few guys who only train Jiu Jitsu/nogi as well.

So during grappling the other day I got paired up with this kid who everyone always talks about as being a real head case. Always talking about how he's about to get his purple belt and stuff. He's probably about 155 or 160 and I weigh about 185. You could tell he was really nervous before we rolled. So I thought to myself "I'm just gonna go light and flow with this kid." So I let the guy pull guard and then he starts freaking out spazzing all over the place. He goes for a heel hook and reaps the knee pretty bad, so I gave up the top because like I said before this kid was so nervous just to roll a little bit. So as he comes to the top I gave him very little resistance and he passed and went for a north south choke and really neck cranked the hell out of me. I could tell that he felt a lot more confident after that. So I turned it on a bit after and tapped him a times before switching to a new partner.

My point is sometimes its best just to check your ego and let the little guys have one here and there before you smash them. Phone Post

lol. nice Phone Post

you forgot the part about fixing to get your purple. Not that you care, just as a point of reference.

allchokedup - you forgot the part about fixing to get your purple. Not that you care, just as a point of reference.

No, you just forgot to read it. :). Its in there. Phone Post

u had me for a sec josh... well played..

Cute. Phone Post

I literally never talk about my skill in any way in my school nor do I even except compliments very well. Josh has been doing jiu jitsu for a while and is very good so it gives him power to talk shit. You are the one of the guys who takes your rank as an ego boost and it's gross. Phone Post

joshjitsu - 

So I work out a mostly MMA gym and although we do have a few guys who only train Jiu Jitsu/nogi as well.

So during grappling the other day I got paired up with this kid who everyone always talks about as being a real head case. Always talking about how he's about to get his purple belt and stuff. He's probably about 155 or 160 and I weigh about 185. You could tell he was really nervous before we rolled. So I thought to myself "I'm just gonna go light and flow with this kid." So I let the guy pull guard and then he starts freaking out spazzing all over the place. He goes for a heel hook and reaps the knee pretty bad, so I gave up the top because like I said before this kid was so nervous just to roll a little bit. So as he comes to the top I gave him very little resistance and he passed and went for a north south choke and really neck cranked the hell out of me. I could tell that he felt a lot more confident after that. So I turned it on a bit after and tapped him a times before switching to a new partner.

My point is sometimes its best just to check your ego and let the little guys have one here and there before you smash them. Phone Post

Very funny. Didn't get it at first because I read this thread first. Rival School helped me figure it out with his post.

Rival School - 

I literally never talk about my skill in any way in my school nor do I even except compliments very well. Josh has been doing jiu jitsu for a while and is very good so it gives him power to talk shit. You are the one of the guys who takes your rank as an ego boost and it's gross. Phone Post

U mad?

http://youtu.be/9BOG4p1-H2Q

Yea I sound infuriated. Me mad broski. Phone Post

Rival School - 

u sound mad.. even for an alomost purple belt.. :)

bgup619 - 
Rival School - 

The almost is what causes the difference between an almost and a purple :)

ak 47 - 
bgup619 - 
Rival School - 

LMAO!!!!

Ossss!!!!

ak 47 -
bgup619 - 
Rival School -  Yea I sound infuriated. Me mad broski. Phone Post

BOOM! Phone Post