Live coverage of Navy Yard shooting here.

Here is a live feed if you are not near a tv and want to follow what is going on.

http://liveblog.wtop.com/Event/Navy_Yard_Shooting

No thanks.

I'm happy to wait a few hours of more until real facts are established, rather than listen to unfounded tumors and tweets.

Mark

But Mark1! If the thread does not interest you then how do you expect me to find fulfillment in life?

ding ding ding!

Typically in events like this, the media's intitial reports are notoriously incorrect in a rush to get a scoop on other media outlets.  The Newtown shooting, the Boston bombing, Ft Hood, etc etc.

I am not interested in first reports, rather correct reports.  Reporting rumors and tweets wastes time and resources.

Mark

Thank you sir. Phone Post

"we're going to step away from the president right now"

lulz

I wonder if the usual talking heads on the Obama Networks and in Congress have started blaming Whites,Conservatives, Tea Party members just so they can get on their Gun Control Soap Box again.

SamboMMA - I wonder if the usual talking on the Obama Networks and in Congress have started blaming Whites,Conservatives, Tea Party members just so they can get on their Gun Control Soap Box again.

OF COURSE

This woman's discomfort in trying to describe the shooter is amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5MFIBoe6ts

Green Vermonster - 
SamboMMA - I wonder if the usual talking on the Obama Networks and in Congress have started blaming Whites,Conservatives, Tea Party members just so they can get on their Gun Control Soap Box again.

OF COURSE

Obama laid the ground work during his briefing a little while ago. He said "once again we have another mass shooting that we have to stop".

How about authorizing more Military Personal to carry on Military bases?

Multiple fatalities confirmed in shooting at Navy Yard in DC

At least six people are reportedly dead, and at least one suspect also dead
Breaking news banner
Police near the scene of a shooting at the U.S. Navy Yard in Washington, D.C.
Jacquelyn Martin/AP

At least ten people, including two police officers, were shot Monday at the U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters, authorities said. At least six people have died, according to Navy officials.

Multiple victims that are inside the facility are deceased, according to D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier. Washington D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray described the event as an "isolated incident" and that no other facilities in the city are involved.

One of the police officers wounded in the shooting is in surgery and in stable condition at a hospital, according to Lanier.

Washington Hospital Center representative Janis Orlowski said the hospital is treating three victims, all of them in critical condition, and the hospital expects to receive more victims.

Lanier also said that there may be two other suspects at large, one white and one black, wearing khaki military-style fatigues.

One has a handgun and another has a long gun, the chief said. It's not clear what, if any, relationship the shooters have to the military. About 3,000 people work at the Navy headquarters.

Law enforcement officials from various agencies have cordoned off the facility, as police cars, military vehicles, ambulances and other emergency officials went into and out of the premises. Federal workers were seen streaming out of the facility.

Patricia Ward, a witness who was in a cafeteria at the Navy Yard buying breakfast when shots were fired, said, "I heard three gunshots: 'pop, pop, pop.'"

Shots reportedly first rang out at 8:20 a.m. in Building 197.

An Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms special response team that worked on the Boston Marathon bombing has been sent to the scene.

LIVE BLOG: Navy Yard shooting

Six local schools are on lockdown. Federal facilities in the city are also on high alert.

A "shelter in place" was ordered for Navy Yard personnel, according to a release from U.S. Navy.

Another witness told ABC, "I was on the phone and somebody came by my desk and said hey, this is not a fire alarm, somebody has been shot in the building."

"So we went around and tried to get people out of the building and as we were exiting the back door, we noticed him around the hall, we stepped around the corner, we heard shots, and as he came around the corner he aimed his gun at us and fired at least two and three shots, and we ran out of the building...after we left the building there were still shots in the building."

Another witness told the station that they encountered a shooter as they were trying to escape.

"He was going up down the hall, we couldn't see his face, but we could see him with the rifle and he raised and aimed at us and fired and he hit high on the wall, just as we were trying to leave," the witness said.

Reuters and The Washington Post reported that it is possible there is more than one shooter at the scene, citing another U.S. navy official.  

Washington Reagan National Airport reportedly halted all landings and take-offs in response to the incident, for a period of time, according to the area's airports authority. Departures may have resumed.

Have they caught the other shooters yet?

Mark Phone Post 3.0