Living near powerlines?

![](upload://559uw9YcQF9hzj3VERVVbQL5RTV.jpeg)

1 Like

I've got power lines running through my entire house!!! AHhh!!!

FingerorMoon -
TFK_HossPearson -

I thought that was an old wives tale. In for factual facts. 

It is an old wives tale from the late 1970s. An era where digital watches were high tech and mobile computing was pure sci-fi fantasy. It was based on ye olde thinking of all radiation being exactly the same.

We now have multiple 4g, wifi and Bluetooth signals going through us 24/7 and are now in extreme close proximity to mobile phones and now mobile computing watches 24/7. We’re being bombarded all day every day by shit that didn’t exist in the late 1970s.

No study has ever been able to prove any sort of link between high voltage powerlines and cancer. At the most a study will conclude ‘limited evidence’ which in research speak is saying they can’t really find anything.

Im honestly not sure I buy this

I No Kung Foo - 
EFM -
I No Kung Foo -

If I told you how far you'd really have to be... you'd be shocked.

nice pun.  how far?

Back in the day, when I was an electrician, I had a tester that would glow if you held it close to wire if it was "hot".   It could read right through the sheathing if you held it about 2 inches away.

One day when I was driving in my soft top Jeep I held it to the roof as I went under some power lines that crossed the road.  The mother fucker glowed.  It actually kind of scared me a little.  I didn't expect it to glow like that. These were tall lines, not your old fashioned telephone pole heights.  

There was some new construction being built under them that I was considering buying but those wires and that glow kept me away.  Fuck that.

should have bought under.... built a metal building...and Bam...free electricity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=5JGbT6m3Vv0&feature=emb_logo

mysteryman -

![](upload://bI1vSzmTESm6Iu033ftrJ2k0xgT.jpeg)

First thing I thought of lol

1 Like
Brownmoney - 

There was a farm not far from my town where the farmer put up a metal building under the power lines going across his land. He harnessed the induction and was fined for stealing electricty for years. Can't remember the total. Actually, if I recall, the utility company put the lines up after the building was built and miscalculated the magnetic field and amount of induction the building would recieve. Obviously you have to wire the building so as not to be hot but he did it.

Was riding my new mountain bike around my neighborhood, and as I was passing one of the retention pond lakes, I felt what I thought was was a bug bite or sting near the groin area. I immedeiately jumped off my bike and there was nothing there. Next lap around, same thing. Was like WTF. Wasn't until the third time around the neighbohood that I realized I was under the power lines when it happened. Thats when I found out about the flourescent light thing.

RhinoHog -
Brownmoney - 

There was a farm not far from my town where the farmer put up a metal building under the power lines going across his land. He harnessed the induction and was fined for stealing electricty for years. Can't remember the total. Actually, if I recall, the utility company put the lines up after the building was built and miscalculated the magnetic field and amount of induction the building would recieve. Obviously you have to wire the building so as not to be hot but he did it.

That's awesome. Definitely something I'd try to do. Probably kill myself in the process but it'd be worth it. 

FingerorMoon -
TFK_HossPearson -

It is an old wives tale from the late 1970s. An era where digital watches were high tech and mobile computing was pure sci-fi fantasy. It was based on ye olde thinking of all radiation being exactly the same.

We now have multiple 4g, wifi and Bluetooth signals going through us 24/7 and are now in extreme close proximity to mobile phones and now mobile computing watches 24/7. We’re being bombarded all day every day by shit that didn’t exist in the late 1970s.

No study has ever been able to prove any sort of link between high voltage powerlines and cancer. At the most a study will conclude ‘limited evidence’ which in research speak is saying they can’t really find anything.

Wait. You seem like the kind of guy who doesn't get all his info from shady YouTube-vids. What the hell are you doing here?

FingerorMoon -
TFK_HossPearson -

I’m not sure what there is to buy or argue about. Everything I stated is just objective fact.

They’ve been studying it for years and measurement and recording equipment is way more advancement in the 21st century. After 40yrs of trying they still haven’t been able to show anything.

The good news is you can easily rent measurement equipment and do it yourself. Just Google and go and rent and take it to the place you’re thinking about living in.

![](upload://6ns7XBiRK9hAYbIaX7DzMyjAqUG.gif)

5G will allow the reptilian overlords to buzz electricity directly into your brain.

Soup Nazi - There has been a lot of research on whether exposure to ELF EMF from electrical sources below the exposure limits causes any health effects. Most of the research indicates that ELF EMF exposure normally encountered in the environment, including in the vicinity of powerlines, does not pose a risk to human health.

However, there are some epidemiological (population) studies that have reported a possible association between prolonged exposure to ELF magnetic fields at levels below the exposure limits but higher than what is typically encountered and increased rates of childhood leukaemia. Based largely on this limited evidence the International Agency for Research on Cancer has ELF magnetic fields as possibly carcinogenic to humans.

There are problems with the methods in epidemiological studies that weaken the conclusion from these results. It is not known how magnetic fields could cause childhood leukaemia. Overall, other research including studies on cells and animals has not confirmed these results. On balance, the evidence related to childhood leukaemia is not strong; however people should be aware of the issue in order to make informed decisions.

My cousin lived next to power lines and died of childhood leukemia.