lmao at Stipe being the underdog

Did people not see the first fight? He beat the absolute shit out of Francis everywhere. As soon as Francis realized he wasn't going to KO him early like everyone else he's done that to he got brutalized. Honestly it was one of the most one sided fights in UFC history. Similar to Cain vs JDS 2. 

Francis has no gas tank and no wrestling. If he doesn’t KO Stipe again it’s going to be the same thing. That’s going to be on Francis mind to. If he starts getting tired he’s going to know he’s in deep water. The fact that he’s a favourite makes no sense to me.

damn it really is true that Stipe gets no respect. 

12 Likes

Technically Stipe is a much better fighter than Francis, but Francis has that devastating power that almost rivals the devastating power an average OGer has.

Stipe should win, but all Francis needs is to clip him good once.

This is a very exciting match up. Size and power vs skill and technique. Very hard to call this one. Has Stipe completely figured out Francis? Will Francis be careful with his energy this time?

Hopefully it's a good fight that last a few rounds.

9 Likes

People like the chances of that one big shot landing, and he has 25 mins to do it.

It reminds me of Tyson Fury vs Wilder 1.

I wanted Fury to win, but knew Wilder could end it any moment. I was literally happy the rounds were passing by. Each round obviously to Fury.

The nFury got caught in the 7th. He was ok and got up. But for the remainder of the fight, I was just counting the seconds, and Wilder fans just wanting the big shot to land.

It did land in the 12th. Fury was down. I had waited it out for 33.5 mins, and he got caught right at the last, and was down. Somehow he got up and and won rest of the round.

Anyway principle is the same here. Stipe should win all the minutes of the fight. But will get get the mins of the fight, or will he get caught.

![](upload://wMArfP6At4mR9uauQBDfYd2GeEI.jpeg)

2 Likes

^^lol at that photo when you know Fury fought Wilder twice and didnt lose.

5 Likes

The thing this time around is:

1) Stipe has taken some damage since their first fight, and is 3 years older

2) Francis is actually working his wrestling

3) Francis mentioned he didn't respect Stipe and throught he was going to run right over him.

I think he’s going to pace himself more this time around, not saying he’s going to win for sure though.

1 Like

Here is the full first fight. Might be geoblocked.  Source BTSport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hhDorpL6rY

DY3 - ^^lol at that photo when you know Fury fought Wilder twice and didnt lose.

Are you talking to yourself?

1 Like

Didn’t he open over +200? Now it’s a barely an underdog +110. I wish I had put my bets in a week early, I usually bet day of but by then I wouldn’t be surprised it odds are even

stipe has to avoid francis for 1 round

afer that the KO power dimishes greatly

Gartlin - 
DY3 - ^^lol at that photo when you know Fury fought Wilder twice and didnt lose.

Are you talking to yourself?

I just wrote my post, posted the picture. Then after I posted it, I looked at picture a-new and loled. Remembering again how out of it Fury was! Jesus, I thought he was done.

So I wrote the above comment. Meaning, what a picture that is when you factor in that Fury won that rivalry.

DY3 -

People like the chances of that one big shot landing, and he has 25 mins to do it.

It reminds me of Tyson Fury vs Wilder 1.

I wanted Fury to win, but knew Wilder could end it any moment. I was literally happy the rounds were passing by. Each round obviously to Fury.

The nFury got caught in the 7th. He was ok and got up. But for the remainder of the fight, I was just counting the seconds, and Wilder fans just wanting the big shot to land.

It did land in the 12th. Fury was down. I had waited it out for 33.5 mins, and he got caught right at the last, and was down. Somehow he got up and and won rest of the round.

Anyway principle is the same here. Stipe should win all the minutes of the fight. But will get get the mins of the fight, or will he get caught.

![](upload://wMArfP6At4mR9uauQBDfYd2GeEI.jpeg)

Francis doesn’t have 25 mins to land a big shot. He has the first 5-10 mins and then the chances dwindle to almost nothing. He was posed no threat after the 2nd round in the first fight.

This won’t be Overeem vs Rozenstruck. If it goes to the 3rd-5th round, it will look exactly like the first fight did.

Yeah, fair point. MMA fighters do get more worn down, as the fight goes on, than boxers do.

Can’t a black man get a break.... 

Bend The Knee -

The thing this time around is:

1) Stipe has taken some damage since their first fight, and is 3 years older

2) Francis is actually working his wrestling

3) Francis mentioned he didn't respect Stipe and throught he was going to run right over him.

I think he’s going to pace himself more this time around, not saying he’s going to win for sure though.

Agreed, will be a different fight imo. Will see tho!! I’m so ready for this fight.

I think Stipe getting Ko’d by Cormier is causing this 

If Ngannou paces himself... I think he's chances go down round by round. 

1 Like

I rewatched the first fight. Man you can understand why Dana wants Franics as Champion, he really is a Goliath. The power in his shoulders and arms is just extraordinary.

But Stipe is so good in the clinch and against the fence.

I want Stipe to win but I fear Francis's power.

Cain.

![](upload://hu1TkUA5e5uqvCtmieneBYIuZ84.jpeg)

But, speaking of Goliaths.

![](upload://tjVLK64xkKNd4Pyy3sNkHvnaso6.jpeg)

I think Stipe KOs him this time, so you should probably bet on Francis.

1 Like

I too am confused by the odds.

Oh well, good for my bets.