Lobster rolls are the most overrated food ever.

Someone mentioned Maine in another thread and it made me think of lobster rolls. Everyone I spoke to about going to Maine was like "Oh man, you gotta get a lobster roll!!!" 

Come to find out, lobster rolls are basically just lobster on a fucking hot dog bun, whoop de fucking doo. 

Most overrated food ever. Fuck lobster rolls. 

4 Likes

1 Like

Agreed - they are shit

Lobster in general is overrated.

It's perfectly decent tasting but the cost and way people rave over it is way out of wack.

2 Likes

I've never eaten one but god bless everyone who comes and spends $$$ on it

We have a super hipster place downtown that makes some interesting ones 

I enjoy a good lobster roll 

Po boy > lobster roll.

Change my mind.

4 Likes

Now I'm hungry thanks asshole

Lobster used to be dirt cheap food we fed to prisoners until we over-killed it and it became rare. Same for oysters.

ChokeHisAss -

Po boy > lobster roll.

Change my mind.

This!

VTFU

Tomato Can - Lobster in general is overrated.

It's perfectly decent tasting but the cost and way people rave over it is way out of wack.

beyond true

ChokeHisAss -

Po boy > lobster roll.

Change my mind.

The comparison isn't fair. Po boy is like a million times more unhealthy. 

1 Like
Jayn200 -
ChokeHisAss -

Po boy > lobster roll.

Change my mind.

The comparison isn't fair. Po boy is like a million times more unhealthy. 

Ya but also like a million times more tasty

Tomato Can - Lobster used to be dirt cheap food we fed to prisoners until we over-killed it and it became rare. Same for oysters.

There were actually laws preventing slave owners from feeding slave too much lobster

1 Like

Thought you were talking about sushi op .. lobster dynamite roll is phenomenal. Lobster on a bread roll sounds good too though if they load up the lobster and it's not just a bunch of bread.

I live In Great lobster roll. There is a food truck The Maineville Lobster Lady that comes here during snowbird season and the rolls are incredible! 

Agreed. Most trucks around here are about $13 for them too. Tried twice, disappointed twice 

1 Like
Girly -

We have a super hipster place downtown that makes some interesting ones 

Surf n turf burger and the "LobbyPop" are about the only things I found interesting about that place. The lobster rolls are still boring as fuck and overrated as shit. 

Basically what I'm saying is lobster rolls are the basic bitch of foods. 

Also, I'd say in n out is more overrated...but we already have like 40 threads on that.