LOCAL FOOD RECIPE THREAD

check it out, lot's of the haoles on this site are always asking for recipes on local foods, so hopefully this thread will turn into something that will do us all proud. feel free to share any of your favorite tailgate, bbq, whatevah recipes here. i'll start:

my basic teriyaki sauce:

1cup shoyu

1cup brown sugar

1cup beer

1clove garlic smashed

1thumb ginger smashed

sesame seed

mix them together and marinate meat of choice overnight in refrigerator. throw on the grill. broke da mout! auryte! fctv

Mine is:

• Go to Costco.

• Buy Yoshida's Teriyaki Sauce in a bottle.

• Drive home and give bottle to female.

• Have her soak something in it and cook it.

• I eat and wash dishes.

You got it all backwards man! Cooking is where it's at, washing dishes is not... =(

moke is correct.

Yum, Yum!  Try slicing an orange and throw it into the marinade.

Yuuups, adding citrus to just about any (including shoyu based) marinade works like a bastard.

so does papaya banana or my favorite meat softener, kiwi. but i'm not gonna give away the secret secret that easy. :)

thus the "basic" teriyaki sauce.

correctness greg. figure i'd start with a base for most recipes involving teri flavored whatevahz...

FCTV808: you don't use mirin in your teriyaki marinade? and no green onion?

Need some ex-Zippy cooks to come onto this thread and bless us with the secrets.

I hear they use mustard in their mac salad and peanut butter in their chilli!!!

All the ex-zippy's cooks are off napping on boxes somewhere.

"basic" recipe pat. base to start and do what you want. cut anything but the beer (which can be subbed w/ mirin of course) and it becomes something else.

on the og right now, we got a whole slew of guys doing miso bbq chicken this weekend on the famous

RAMEN THREAD

check um out. you might need to jump to the last page though... auryte

"Need some ex-Zippy cooks to come onto this thread and bless us with the secrets."

oh man, i hate zippy's. that place has contributed to the demise of the mom-and-pop local diners.

and their chefs? dont get FCTV808 started on how much he fears the Micropalypse.

I must disagree. Zippy's has the most variety at 2 am this side of Jack in the Box. Very high quality establishment. (Mark falls back unconscious)

Just finished making some Teriyaki marinade for my daughters 4th birthday party tomorrow.  Shoyu, brown sugar, mirin, water, garlic, ginger, sliced oranges. 

Also made up some potato salad.  Potato, crab, peas, minced onions, olives, sweet pickle relish, salt, pepper, and Mayo. 

unless it's goddamn zippys waimalu sushi bar, or their fantastic chili, they suck ass. but this doesn't

fctv.

did you ever get to Boots & Kimos lately.

would love to see pics of them delicious Banana Pancakes.

:)

"Just finished making some Teriyaki marinade for my daughters 4th birthday party tomorrow. Shoyu, brown sugar, mirin, water, garlic, ginger, sliced oranges."

Tro da kine sesame oil on da bugga! Go tro um!

and their chefs? dont get FCTV808 started on how much he fears the Micropalypse.

LOL@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!  I nearly spit my water out!