Local pizza man deported for "lack of showmanship"

This actually happened a few months ago, but I've ordered food there since I was a kid, and with all of the people who don't get deported after crimes, I found this ridiculous.

QUINCY, Mass., Aug. 12 (UPI) -- The United States government may be deporting a Greek pizza-maker because he doesn't actually toss the dough when he makes pies.

Eleutherios Spirou has worked at Copeland Pizza in Quincy for more than 20 years and owners Stergios and Despina Versamis filed for a visa on his behalf.

In the application, it was stated that Spirou had the special skill of being able to display "showmanship in preparation of food, such as tossing pizza dough in the air to lighten texture."

After the filing, Spirou admitted that his dough-tossing skills had been exaggerated in the application and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services rejected his visa.

They appealed the ruling, but U.S. District Court Judge Denise Casper upheld the decision because Spirou does not actually display any "showmanship" while performing his duties.

"Basically, immigration said, 'This guy can't throw pizza, so we're denying him the visa,'" Desmond Fitzgerald, Copeland Pizza's lawyer, told the Boston Herald. "The court said our description really didn't show any showmanship in any way, so they upheld the decision of immigration. I'm very surprised. I thought we were in a good position."

Copeland can appeal the ruling, but if they lose, immigration officials can begin the process of deporting Spirou.

An immigration attorney who is not involved in the case, Roy Watson, doesn't like Spirou's chances.

"The law requires you to look at any U.S. worker who is even minimally qualified to do the job," Watson said. "That's not flipping pizzas. This wasn't a winnable case."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/08/12/Pizza-maker-may-get-tossed-from-US-because-he-doesnt-toss-pizza-dough/2751407859884/#ixzz3HOLLW8Wl

Matt Serra said something once..............

" Eleutherios Spirou has worked at Copeland Pizza in Quincy for more than 20 years and owners Stergios and Despina Versamis filed for a visa on his behalf."

20 fucking years. Phone Post 3.0

not ridiculous imo, makes sense

seems like he could have figurde out how to toss some dough over 20 years too

ya we have welfare losers and criminals who seemingly get away with murder and milking the system, but Spirou should have figured things out himself over 20 years, and ya, why take a job from an American?

He should not have lied. Thanks for the vote down.

JonnyW -

I voted you up to counteract the faggotry but damn the guy worked here for twenty fucking years and was trying to go through the system. Seems like exactly the kind of immigrants we need to me. Phone Post 3.0

I didn't vote you down. Phone Post 3.0

PatriarchyManifest - 
JonnyW -

I voted you up to counteract the faggotry but damn the guy worked here for twenty fucking years and was trying to go through the system. Seems like exactly the kind of immigrants we need to me. Phone Post 3.0

back at ya.

I posted this in a thread about why americans fear imigration. Maybe it will help others why I posted what I did.

I love imigration when done right. Illegal imigration is what I don't like. I worked with a guy from Egypt. One day over lunch he was telling us his story bout how he moved here and left his wife in Egypt figuring it would be easier to get her here once he himself was a legal citizen. I asked him how long its been, he told me nine years. It is a slap in the face for people like my friend who did things the right way and had to actually suffer a bit.

AdmiralCackbar - I didn't vote you down. Phone Post 3.0

maybe just losing them because of this facked up site then. Vote ups all around!

He also didn't lie on the application, yhe owners of the establishment did. Phone Post 3.0

Don't fuck around when it comes to pizza bro.... Phone Post 3.0

The Phone Post 3.0

He probably made enough dough that he could have hired a coach.

this shits gettin fukin retarded

That guy sounds like a real piece of shit, hope he gets put on a terrorist watch list

So is he going to pay 20 years worth of back taxes before he gets deported? Phone Post 3.0

That's my pizza joint. Not Eleutherios !!!!

KlingKiteMayor - That's my pizza joint. Not Eleutherios !!!!
Get outta my city! Phone Post 3.0

malacka pousti !! gamoto christos!! thats bullshit after 20 years let the man stay

if he was Mexican, he should have already been given citizenship. he is Greek so fuck him --HereWeAre