lol @ 50-45

How in the fucking FUCK could a judge not make the first round, at the absolute minimum, 10-8?

Personally I'd have the first round 10-7 and the second 10-8. Maybe some others 10-8 as well.

Does it matter Phone Post

Kid Charlemagne - 

10-7?

Bullshit thread Phone Post

I'll help you guys out since you don't know the Unified Rules of MMA.

"4. A round is to be scored as a 10-7 Round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round."

bruised -
Kid Charlemagne -  10-7?

. Phone Post

10-8's are incredibly rare in this sport and 10-7's are pretty much unheard of. I could see a few of those earlier rounds being a 10-8, but when I think of a 10-7 I think of the first round of Edgar-Maynard 2.

Kid Charlemagne - 

How many take downs did jds stop? Lol @ this TROLL calling for a 10-7 Phone Post

"Nevermind he spent the whole round running and got his head caved in, he wasn't dominated because he stopped a takedown or two!"

Anyway, if you'll read the OP, this thread is about the judges not even giving it a 10-8, and how I personally would score it 10-7.

Does the first round of this fight meet this description?

2. A round is to be scored as a 10-9 Round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;

Hate to disagree with you guys, but technically he is right and I agree with Orcus. Although it doesn't matter, because Cain still won the fight in dominating fashion. Phone Post

MasterofMartialArts - Hate to disagree with you guys, but technically he is right and I agree with Orcus. Although it doesn't matter, because Cain still won the fight in dominating fashion. Phone Post

Precidence are even more important than a rule which has no strict guidelines. It cannot be a 10-7. Phone Post

10-7? Are you fucking joking? Is this a 15-round boxing match? If not, then a 10-7 score is irrelevant.

Even 10-8 is a joke is in 3-round MMA.

Because of the small number of rounds, boxing scoring is terrible.

Of course, it's been a decade now and we are still using a shitty scoring system for MMA.

And NO, half-point rounds arent a solution.

50-43 imo. Phone Post

They didn't give Wineland a 10-8 after 3 knock downs in the 1st.

PR - 10-7? Are you fucking joking? Is this a 15-round boxing match? If not, then a 10-7 score is irrelevant.

Of course, it's been a decade now and we are still using a shitty scoring system for MMA.

And NO, half-point rounds arent a solution.

No 10-8 rounds? Are YOU fucking joking?

So, you think that if a fighter A loses rounds 1 and 2 that are RAZOR CLOSE and could possibly go either way, but DOMINATES round 3 and almost finishes it multiple times...he should still lose the fight 29-28?

Only using 10-9 scoring is one of the silliest fucking things I've ever heard.

10-8 rounds need to used far more often. Seriously, the only drawback is a draw, but sometimes a draw is the right score.

orcus - 

How in the fucking FUCK could a judge not make the first round, at the absolute minimum, 10-8?

Personally I'd have the first round 10-7 and the second 10-8. Maybe some others 10-8 as well.

10-7 imo

Did JDS have any offense whatsoever in the first, a round in which he was potshotted, taken down, slammed, dropped, and pounded nearly to a finish on the ground?

lol @ "how many takedowns did he stop"...Does that mean you can't "totally dominate" a guy even if you beat the complete shit out of him, as long as he blocks a couple punches?

I agree with a 10-7 1st round.

PR - 10-7? Are you fucking joking? Is this a 15-round boxing match? If not, then a 10-7 score is irrelevant.

Tough shit.

If a 10-7 or 10-8 rd happens, score it correctly and then leave it up to the opponent to rebound with a strong round of his own to even it back up (or finish the fight).

You can't refuse to score a big round just because it'd make it more difficult for a fighter to come back from.

50-45 all day. Phone Post

bruised -
Kid Charlemagne -  10-7?

. Phone Post

A 10-7 just because he got dropped?

The first half of the round was just a bunch of stuffed takedowns. Phone Post

Miller vs Lauzon R1 was 10-8 too