Lol Canada: Mowing lawn is now racist.

Is it time to decolonize your lawn?

The traditional lawn – manicured, verdant, under control – now finds itself at the confluence of two hot-button issues: climate change and Indigenous rights

When most people think of lawns they picture carefree kids playing in backyards, picnics in well-kept parks – perhaps they even feel a sense of pride at how green and immaculate their own swath is.

But the traditional lawn – manicured, verdant, under control – now finds itself at the confluence of two hot-button issues: climate change and Indigenous rights. Some environmentalists, First Nations leaders and even hobby gardeners are calling for a different approach to how we view and treat the ubiquitous urban green space. It is, they argue, a lasting symbol of how settlers appropriated Indigenous land and culture. And the rigid Western ideal we have imposed continues to hurt the planet and, in turn, all of us. The lawn, some go as far to say, needs to be decolonized.

“What is a lawn but a statement of control over nature?” asks John Douglas Belshaw, a Canadian history professor at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, B.C.

“That’s a huge part of settler culture. You see that river there? We can dam that. We can organize that water, we can make that water work for us. It’s essentially the same mindset. I can reorganize this landscape, flatten it, plant lawn, find a non-indigenous species of plant, of grass, and completely extract anything that’s not homogenous, that doesn’t fit with this green pattern and control it ... A backyard with a big lawn is like a for colonialism and environmental hostility.”

Are these people serious or are they just bored and want to troll?

1 Like
Jack Carter -

John Douglas Belshaw (1957- ) is a second generation Vancouverite, raised in the wilds of suburbia. He taught History at polytechnics, colleges, and universities in England, BC, and Alberta over three decades. His first book, Colonization and Community, won the Robert S. Kenny Prize for Marxist and Labour/Left Studies in 2004. He lives in Vancouver's East End with his wife and co-author, Diane Purvey. 

This dork hasn’t cut a piece of grass in his life. 

I’ve got an awesome lawn because I put a lot of time into it. This goof can cram it with walnuts. 

King Trav - 

I’ve got an awesome lawn because I put a lot of time into it. This goof can cram it with walnuts. 

White privilege, bro. White privilege

We need to get back to having abandoned cars and old tires and trash on the land instead of clean, manicured spaces, amirite?

That’s messed up. So I can’t mow my lawn but I can still go pick cotton out in the field?

Got to be a troll

King Trav -

That King Trav Guy is literally Hitler! 

Fuck.

Wow, wait until he sees a golf course.

Goochy Mang - 
Jack Carter -

John Douglas Belshaw (1957- ) is a second generation Vancouverite, raised in the wilds of suburbia. He taught History at polytechnics, colleges, and universities in England, BC, and Alberta over three decades. His first book, Colonization and Community, won the Robert S. Kenny Prize for Marxist and Labour/Left Studies in 2004. He lives in Vancouver's East End with his wife and co-author, Diane Purvey. 

This dork hasn’t cut a piece of grass in his life. 

"Hobbies and other interests: Soccer, running, skiing."

Let me guess: Soccer on a well-manicured field, running on a trail/road where vegetation cannot grow and skiing where controlled blasts are used to disrupt the ecosystem so he doesn't get trapped in an avalanche?

Yup. Fuck this guy. I make a decent living but choose to do every piece of my lawn because it’s a source of pride. Even my desert landscape having neighbours compliment my lawn. Doubt that fool has ever done a day of real work in his life.

If lawn care makes you white then call me a ni_-_r

This is why liberals aren't taken seriously.

These guys are the ultimate white suprmecists...

![](upload://j55aYSwRh0WyzuvZa8tBKdf6cem.jpeg)

http://www.mowergang.com/index.html

Things I have learned are racist:

-Cutting your lawn and taking care of your property.

-Reading to your children.

-Being polite and using manners.

-Following rules.

-Being punctual and respectful of other's time.

-Being productive and working well with others.

-Innovation.

I mean, considering this short list and some of the other things that have been labelled as racist behaviour in the past few years, shouldn't we all strive to be racist?

Brockback Mountain -
These guys are the ultimate white suprmecists...

![](upload://j55aYSwRh0WyzuvZa8tBKdf6cem.jpeg)

http://www.mowergang.com/index.html

That's an SS shock trooper, mobile unit, 3rd Battalion.  Disgusting.

ATTENTION PRIVILEGED LIBTARD FAGGOTS.

LAWN MAINTENANCE STARTED LONG BEFORE LAWN MOWERS. 

YOUR INCESSIVE ANTI-INTELLECTUALISM KNOWS NO FUCKING BOUNDS.

![](upload://qEn1pJpUqmNDQk7G6qBc8sOi4aX.jpeg) 

“Why Speaking English May Spread More Coronavirus Than Other Languages”

https://covid19data.com/2020/09/08/why-speaking-english-may-spread-more-coronavirus-than-other-languages/