LOL...Cena vs. Orton next ppv. AGAIN!

Seriously, I'm not making this up.

They're gonna have ANOTHER match at the next PPV.

Just in case you missed the previous 8.

geez ... all cuz of some " contraversy" nonsense lol ...mmkkayy

WWE is so lame.

Pathetic. The same matches over and over. They can't create stars.

SPOILER!!!!!

On Raw next week their going to try something fresh and original.

HHH is going to come out to the ring with a sledgehammer and act tough.

i 2nd that....for years i felt that ....i was like damn didnt these 2 boneheads go at in for the "umpteenth" time??! LOL

xcouturefan - SPOILER!!!!!

On Raw next week their going to try something fresh and original.

HHH is going to come out to the ring with a sledgehammer and act tough.

u bastard ...its ruined for me now...i will never look at rasslin - the same again

Would love it if the crowd started into a chant like they did at the ECW show when Bigshow was fighting Batista:

SAME OLD SHIT !

SAME OLD SHIT !

SAME OLD SHIT !

SAME OLD SHIT !

SAME OLD SHIT !

If they did this at every RAW and at most PPV's, I think the WWE would finally take notice......but then again probably not, and they would probably just edit it out somehow.

As young as Cena and Orton are you better get used to this. It's gonna last another decade or so.

Staggered_By_Hendo's_Nutz - Would love it if the crowd started into a chant like they did at the ECW show when Bigshow was fighting Batista:

SAME OLD SHIT !

SAME OLD SHIT !

SAME OLD SHIT !

SAME OLD SHIT !

SAME OLD SHIT !

If they did this at every RAW and at most PPV's, I think the WWE would finally take notice......but then again probably not, and they would probably just edit it out somehow.

WWE fans aren't particularly smart, which is why they're able to get away with it.  They tell the people the who to like and the people just follow along like sheep and accept whatever they're given.  This strategy failed in the 90's when other alternatives came to the forefront and it actually got people to re-think the quality of the WWF's programming, and whether or not they really wanted to watch it, or were simply watching it just because there was little else to choose from.

This is why I laugh when I hear Vince bitching about how they "can't make new stars".

Yes you can.  They can make anyone on that roster a star if they want to, but it's easier to just keep booking HHH, Cena, and Orton as the top acts. 

WWE is not a real sport.  It's not like in MMA where if a guy loses 10 fights in a row, he's considered "not good" and "not worthy" of a top spot, or it's not like Major League Baseball where if a guy bats .150 a hundred games into the season that you could justifiably say "he's not good enough to be an MLB-level player".  It's professional wrestling.  The "stars" and "top guys" are the people who you choose to book to be in such places.

HHH, Orton, or Cena could have just as easily been jobbers in the WWE had they been booked that way, but they weren't. 

It's not like they got to the top of the totem pole by some legitimate means.  They didn't ascend to that height via some real life athletic accomplishment, statistical superiority, or number of legitimate fights won.  The promoter decided he wanted them there.

While that is true the fans, by and large, also have to accept them. Look at all the attempts to push mark henry only to have him constantly rejected by the fans.

The tops guys need to be able to keep people interested. Old Vinne Mac seems to have a hard time spotting this talent, so he just keeps the same guys in the top spots year after year.

hence the Undertaker

but i love that guy tho

on that note, i was so happy to see HHH taken out of the picture for the title, throwing DX back together was good at this time cos you cant just keep having the same guys over and over, if they do fight again, im afraid orton might lose then some stupid new story where he and legacy split or something

How many times did Flair wrestle Steamboat?

hhh vs. the rock all over again.

WaltJ - WWE is not a real sport.

Wait... what?

ArtV -  they need less PPVs.

I don't see a problem with having a long running feud like they used to in the 80s, but when it is every damn month it is stupid.

I say go back to 5 a year, but that won't happen.

Spot on. PPVs used to mean something, they were something massive to look forward too. It gave time for the storylines to build at a solid pace, with a big payoff at the end. Now it's just a case of "well if I don't beat you at the PPV, I'll be fighting you again in a month, plus probably we'll have a couple of rematches on Raw in between".

WWE should definitely return to just having the majors - Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series, and maybe throw King of the Ring in there too.

James

Sir Taps - 
ArtV -  they need less PPVs.

I don't see a problem with having a long running feud like they used to in the 80s, but when it is every damn month it is stupid.

I say go back to 5 a year, but that won't happen.

Spot on. PPVs used to mean something, they were something massive to look forward too. It gave time for the storylines to build at a solid pace, with a big payoff at the end. Now it's just a case of "well if I don't beat you at the PPV, I'll be fighting you again in a month, plus probably we'll have a couple of rematches on Raw in between".

WWE should definitely return to just having the majors - Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series, and maybe throw King of the Ring in there too.

James

hear hear

G-Hands - 
WaltJ - WWE is not a real sport.

Wait... what?