lol @ everyone saying "No GSP vs. Silva"

I don't care what stats don't make sense for you or why you don't think it needs to happen...

I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE that every single solitary person who is crying out for this fight not to happen would watch this fight wide-eyed and salivating if it happens.

Guaranteed.

Fact.

I mean, for real.

Truth.

No fallacy.

Trust me.

100%

The end.

really?

I was thinking more like everyone crying out for it to not happen is a knobslobbing drooling GSP fanatic.

Well, maybe that too, but I guarantee they'd probably be counted on to watch more than anybody!

I mean, look, we get it--they aren't super-close in weight and there's the potential for GSP to just out-wrestle him the whole time and yeah yeah yeah, someone stands to lose more than the other, yadda yadda.

But it's a fight, and people will watch no matter what.

Both men are seemingly invincible with their styles....so let's throw that shit in a fish tank and see what happens.

Biggest UFC PPV in history, guaranteed.

Hmmmm, just as I suspected---all the stat-monkeys are quiet now.

It just seems like Anderson fighting a "bigger" challenge in a larger opponent would make mire sense.

I'd still watch it but unless GSP won I wouldn't be surprised by the outcome.

Let him rematch Sonnen and Vitor while Jones continues to clean out the LHW division (if he does) and before Anderson retires he can vacate his title and face Jones.

Hell I'd rather see him vacate his MW belt now and fight Rua, Evans, Rampage, Henderson or Jones. Going to 205 would be a more impressive accomplishment. Phone Post

Before Machida won the LHW title Anderson said he wouldn't stay at 205 because that was Machida's belt and he wouldn't fight his friend... Seeing how Machida is 1-2 wins away from another title shot why would Anderson move up to 205 and risk the possibility of being put in the position of risking the title or fighting his friend? Phone Post

Yeah, I don't get anyone who doesn't want to see this fight. Ok, so maybe GSP will be at a size disadvantage, but he will have a speed advantage and he's one of the most well-rounded fighters in the sports.

But seriously, it's the #1 and #2 fighters in the sport and you don't want to see them fight? That just seems stupid to me.

I am a huge fan of both and want to see this fight.

For both GSP and Anderson this is one of the few challenges left.

After Sonnen 2 and NIck Diaz there are no fights for either that interest me.

I wanna see Anderson at 205 and GSP at 185

Ep32nv - It just seems like Anderson fighting a "bigger" challenge in a larger opponent would make mire sense.

I'd still watch it but unless GSP won I wouldn't be surprised by the outcome.

Let him rematch Sonnen and Vitor while Jones continues to clean out the LHW division (if he does) and before Anderson retires he can vacate his title and face Jones.

Hell I'd rather see him vacate his MW belt now and fight Rua, Evans, Rampage, Henderson or Jones. Going to 205 would be a more impressive accomplishment. Phone Post

I was about to post somthing similar, and you took the words out of my mouth.

+1 for getting it.

And of course I would watch GSP/Anderson. Just like I watched Fedor/Hendo. But that doesnt mean I agree/agreed with the matchups.

If were on the ug we watch all or most events. Silva is closer To a lhw and Gsp is closer to a Lw. My opinion is Frankie Maynard winner v gsp would be huge at like 160 or something. To make it closer to even.

Gsp is not a large ww but he is the most athletic. Guys like Anthony Johnson, and condit are huge in comparison. Phone Post

Teh Spider -
ThePoopWizard -  If were on the ug we watch all or most events. Silva is closer To a lhw and Gsp is closer to a Lw. My opinion is Frankie Maynard winner v gsp would be huge at like 160 or something. To make it closer to even.

Gsp is not a large ww but he is the most athletic. Guys like Anthony Johnson, and condit are huge in comparison. Phone Post

Gotta be joking

Anderson gets to the 220,s gsp gets around 185. Maynard and Melvin guillard have both stated that's a little below there walking weight. Silva could fight at lhw. Gsp might be able to make the cut that's serious.. From a wrestlers stand point I've seen a 200 lb guy in 2 months get to 157 wrestling weight class who had 12 % body fat going into the season Phone Post

3  Guarantee's OP

1. No matter how many times Goober says it's ALMOST time, GSP vs. Spidey will NEVER happen.

2. Spidey will NEVER BE ALLOWED to fight Jon Jones, or ANY top tier LHW.

3. GSP WILL NEVER fight outside his weight class vs. a top 3 mw.

DFW will NEVER risk the legacy's of the fighters he owns. Not at this point.

shartkuri -  3  Guarantee's OP

1. No matter how many times Goober says it's ALMOST time, GSP vs. Spidey will NEVER happen.

DFW will NEVER risk the legacy's of the fighters he owns. Not at this point.

Voted Up for the absolute truth.......  Couldn't agree more.  This post should be UG News Sticky Thread.

Gsp won't move up until silva is gone.. So we are gonna see a bunch of snoozefest rematches in the WW division then Andy will move up despite the fact that he is getting older and face beasts like jones, get beat and receive the Fedor treatment, "oh Anderson was never that good"

Afterwards gsp will move up, wrestlefuck the middle weights and be crowned goat. Gsp is the best WW ever period and I don't see anyone stopping him, so one of these days he will move up. But not while andy is around, unless he starts losing. I'm sry I respect gsp and I'm not a hater but he is not and will never be better than Anderson. Phone Post

Silva is closer To a lhw and Gsp is closer to a Lw

LOL at GSP being closer to a LW

shartkuri -  3  Guarantee's OP

DFW will NEVER risk the legacy's of the fighters he owns. Not at <i>this</i> point.

Damn, I really hope this isn't the case.

I mean, holy shit. MMA is already widely recognized as a legit sport and ANYTHING can happen in a match. So why would DFW see an actual need to "protect" his top guys? What true-ass purpose does it serve?

People will watch their beloved fighters fight no matter what.

I mean, look at Chuck. Dude's done, unfortunately. But is there any doubt that people would still pay to see him fight? They know him. They love him. The outcome of a fight is not predetermined, so there's only one solution--watch that shit!

I know that there's a slightly-higher PPV potential when talking about near-undefeated legends, but I don't think the MMA crowd is so fickle as to simply not watch once their favorite fighter loses....I mean, half of the UFC's income probably comes from idiots who call MMA, "UFC," and couldn't name either fighter they're hooting and hollering at 50% of the time.

People will watch no matter what.

I've said it before

This fight is a band-aid fix. Both divisions are cleaned out and eCh of then should move up...only problem is gsp won't do either, he fights silva loses; his creditably is shot. He moves up when silva moves up; if he wins the title he's a paper champ.

Don't hold your breath for either Phone Post

The Notorious OMG - really?

I was thinking more like everyone crying out for it to not happen is a knobslobbing drooling GSP fanatic.

No theyre all Silva fans who know, deep inside, GSP would neutralise and dominate him. Phone Post

ZugZug - GSP IS close to LW. He's 5'10.

Barboza is 5'11 and buff. Njo is 6'1. Tibau is 5'10 and just as massive as GSP. Cerrone is 6'0. Bendo is 5'9 and thick.

GSP has a LW frame. Decently big LW frame but still more LW.

You seem to be placing way too much emphasis on height. Palhares is 5'8. Why doesn't he just cut to lightweight too since Cerrone and those guys you mentioned are all taller than him? As for GSP needing to cut nearly 40 pounds to make lightweight does not make him "close" to that weight class. Phone Post

TheClips - I don't care what stats don't make sense for you or why you don't think it needs to happen...

I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE that every single solitary person who is crying out for this fight not to happen would watch this fight wide-eyed and salivating if it happens.

Guaranteed.

Fact.

I mean, for real.

Truth.

No fallacy.

Trust me.

100%

The end.

100% true. They would all buy it.

The numbers would be insane. Dana isnt stupid and knows this.

The sheer amount of threads and talk about this should give everyone a clue : ) Phone Post