LOL @ "GSP doesn't deserve..."

UFC needs big name fights more than ever before. I have been a fan of the UFC since the beginning and haven't bought a PPV since Conor fought Eddie. None of the current fights are very interesting to me. I think with his history that GSP deserves a fight for the MW Title although i think he would likely lose a decision against Bisping at this point after the years of inactivity. If Romero is the champ when he gets a title shot he would get absolutely destroyed.

How can CRE be a fan of Askren and call GSP boring?

BreakALegAndy! -
ausgepicht - OP, just ignore them. They are all people who are still upset that he battered BJ and made him quit in the ring. They've lost sleep ever since.

They can't come to terms that GSP is a far superior fighter, has a better record, bigger wins and is more of a draw. It really bothers them, because it gets in their way of bloating with kool-aid, so they try to detract him any chance they get.

Lol 

Maybe back before he got battered in the Hendricks fight, GSP hasn't fought in how long? If Dana and Co don't ease him in he will get embarrassed just like BJ did in his return. GSP won't be the same fighter now that he has to pass a drug test, that's probably why he "retired" back when he did, other than not wanting to rematch Big Rig or fight Silva. 

Comparing GSP and BJ is ridiculous... GSP has been training the last 3 years like he still fights.  His FB feeds are nothing but him travelling the world and training in different disciplines with different experts.  I bet he has been training more in his time off than half of the UFC's active fighters.  

I think the biggest issue will be mentally and the ability to keep focused and hungry to compete etc.  The biggest mistake whis opponent can make will be to trash talk him... that will only increase the focus and hunger.  

CRE - It's crazy how much credit you guys want us to give GSP.

3+ years is a ton of time for a 35 year old athlete to sit on the sidelines.

How can you not expect GSP to look like BJ Penn did against Yair when one of these young guns like Luke Rockhold get their hands on him?

Live in reality for a bit.

GSP was in this back and forth blood battle with Condit and Demian Maia calmly choked him out in 2 minutes and Condit hasn't been heard from.

The sport passed GSP by 3 years ago when Hendricks was woopin him.

Now he's back to cash some final checks and wants to cherrypick the Bisping fight.

GSP ruined 170 lbs. and he's ruining 185 lbs.

For what? He's boring!
Boring says the guy that loves Assgrin

Wölfie66 -
Bolt Vanderhuge - 
Wölfie66 - No, you'll likely see a deflated non-steroidal GSP!
Never failed a test, offered to WADA test himself and opponents.

Get the fuck out of here with that.

Typically those chirping the loudest were the ones using. Please remember he never actually subjected himself to any real testing. He just talked about it then left right before the real shit came in.

He's a great guy and I have no issues with AAS, but GSP used and it was very obvious.
This guy gets it

GSP is the Floyd Mayweather Jr of MMA.

Except Floyd KO'd Ortiz in 2011 at least.

GSP's last finish was 7 fights ago in 2009 against BJ Penn.

I'd rather watch Brunson vs. Bisping

GSP isn't going to fight at 185. If he doesn't follow that at welter it's going to be at lightweight

Greatest of all time, in my opinion.

Just make GSP v Anderson, it's perfect 

Why not GSP vs Bisping first and then GSP vs Anderson win or lose?

The problem with GSP vs Anderson is that if GSP loses he can't fight Bisping...or Mcgregor...or any other big name...why potentially cash out on the first fight when you can get 2 big fights?

Anderson vs GSP will still be relevant if he loses to Bisping...

CRE - He hasn't fought in over 3 years and there's a logjam of much more deserving fighters.

Jacare/Romero/Rockhold are all more deserving.

In his last fight GSP was getting tooled by Johny Hendricks.

You can't change current affairs.

All the shit you said is old news.

If the newspaper man started selling you 5 year old newspapers you would be upset too.

I hate gsp but how the fuck is anyone more deserving then him? He hasn't lost at WW since you were in grade school. And it's the obvious big ppv fight. It makes sense to give him a tittle fight if he wants it. And I legit do not like gsp.