lol if you guys dont use wood or charcoal

gas id for siissy faygs who are skeert of real grillin!

WHOS WIDDME?

and wood in a gas fuckin grill dont count

you need to be like beavis...............

fire fire!

I've been totally thinking of getting a charcoal grill just for shits and giggles. Gas is just so convenient though.

gas is for nancy boyz

I prefer charcoal, but also have a gas grill for convenience.

I can come home from work and throw something on gas grill, but if I fire up the pit it takes a good 45 minutes to get the coals primed up.

My wife and daughter give me a hard time because I have a charcoal grill, gas grill and a smoker... but each has it's purpose.

ttt

Hank Hill does not approve of this thread.

l0l

Taste the meat, not the heat....

Really though, Kevin Curtis is correct. It shouldnt be one or the other.

It's well documented that I recently switched from propane to lump charcoal. While it's true that I now have a much more versatile cooker, I don't think the food tastes any different when I cook the same stuff I used to cook on the propane grill.

I recently won this charcoal grill in a drawing at my local grocery store.

http://www.charbroil.com/consumer/product_detail_e.aspx?ProductID=2004&CategoryID=40

All cast iron, weighs about 190 lbs, retails for about $430.00. I had to season the insides for 2 hours before grilling on it.

I'm still saving up for my BGE, though.

still on pg 1?

I got married a few months back and I put a charcoal grill on the registry but we got a propane one :/

Can't really complain cuz its still a great gift but I'd still like to get a charcoal one just to work on technique.

i cant choose just one. i have 2 gassers, 3 charcoal kettles, 2 charcoal smokers and 1 electric smoker. gonna give a couple to my brother though.

MikeZev - i cant choose just one. i have 2 gassers, 3 charcoal kettles, 2 charcoal smokers and 1 electric smoker. gonna give a couple to my brother though.

8 grills?

i got 2

i built the 2 charcoal smokers out of 55 gallon drums and bought a couple kettle grills for parts but they're still functional. see my thread on the food and wine ground about 55 gallon drums for some pictures.

I guess grills are like shoes are for women....you can never have enough.

I have a big smoker, a propane grill, one "Old Smokey" charcoal grill, one Weber smokey joe charcoal grill, and a portable table top propane grill (that is really a piece of shit.)

really you just need an open flame, make a fire pit, use wood. wait till the flame settles a bit and put a foldable grill over the fire or use a hand held one.

or you can get creative and use granite rock (if thin enough) as your surface on the fire, cooked like this in algonquin and it was like a frying pan for our breakfast.

if your a stay at home dad then you can cook amazing shit on a propane grill if you know how to cook, its more the man that knows how to cook than the way he does it.

I would like to get a smoker someday though, easier than my rugged manly pain in the ass technique.