LOL Ja Rule in Fyre Netflix Doc

Just watched the Netflix doc on Fyre Festival. Great watch. The absolute best part is at the end, when they do the little recap of the major players in the story.

It goes on to say that Ja Rule started a new talent booking company after Fyre went up in smoke. The name of Ja Rule's new venture? 

ICONN

You can't make this shit up, folks

How did he not get drawn in on anything legal? I know he is named in a lawsuit but it's not like he didn't know.

How the fuck did he skate?  His little pep talk towards the end of the docu after they got back from the failed festival should have been enough to put him on the hook with Billy.  He was asking everyone how they were gonna bounce back and looking for input on how to spin it.  One of the team members stated that they lied to the festival goers and it was fraud.  He was like nah - it was more like false advertisement.

Wasn't he a stake-holder in the venture?

TheMMAn -

How the fuck did he skate?  His little pep talk towards the end of the docu after they got back from the failed festival should have been enough to put him on the hook with Billy.  He was asking everyone how they were gonna bounce back and looking for input on how to spin it.  One of the team members stated that they lied to the festival goers and it was fraud.  He was like nah - it was more like false advertisement.

Wasn't he a stake-holder in the venture?

Yeah that part was sickening. I'm fairly certain that the dude who called it out as being fraud is his partner in his new ICONN venture. I think a lot more than McFarland and Ja Rule knew what the fuck was going on.

The guy talking about going down to the customs office fully prepared to literally suck dick to get the water released is one of the most insane things I've heard in a doc like this. Who knows if it's true, could very well be dramatics but man, that's the perfect illustration of just how fucked this whole thing was.

Watched Fyre earlier, now watching Fyre Fraud..this Mcfarlane guy is kind of fascinating..what was this guy thinking?!sociopath?

Just watched this on Netflix. People are such scumbags! And influencers are so gullible

Well at least you can’t claim false advertising.

1 Like

I have this figured out.

Prosecutors more than likely figured out two things:

1. Going after a famous black man could backfire in today’s woke culture
  2. Ja Rule is too stupid to be a con man so he was probably in it for another 15 minutes.
1 Like

Ja Rule has instagram comments disabled to this day. lol

2 Likes

I gained some knowledge with this thread resurrection. Didn’t notice the irony with the name ICONN first time around.

2 Likes

Saw this thread yesterday so I rewatched the doc.

How can anyone stand to be in the same room as Ja or Billy? Total fucking douchebags and I would avoid them like the plague.

1 Like

I can’t believe I had never heard of this scam. I don’t even remember the orange squares on Instagram and I used to be pretty active on there until Covid.

I was just randomly browsing Netflix looking for something to watch. Then of course came here and searched “Fyre” lol

They ripped off a bunch of millennial shitheads so it was like a whatever deal.

4 Likes

If i remember there were 2 docus that came out at the same time

1 Like

this Netflix one is different that the Hulu?

Yea. There are 2 diff. One is more sympathetic. Both are entertaining.

1 Like

Which one was more sympathetic? I watched the Netflix one when it first came out but didn’t watch the Hulu one.

1 Like

I can’t remember. I watched them back to back and they blend together. Both are entertaining and worth watching.

1 Like

Interesting thanks maybe I’ll check out the other one now