LOL @ Joe Rogan putting Mario on blast

That's new Phone Post

i like that

Joe is roasting Yamasaki good... & rightly so!!

WAR JOE! Phone Post

That was rough. The way I understand "back of the head" is if you are wearing headphones, it's all of the area behind them. That includes some side.

I think Mario was technically correct, I personally would have let it slide.

The rule needs fixing.

yeah it was good of Rogan to smash him after seeing the replay..it was a very bad judgement call..wonder what Dana thinks?

Nothing wrong with that imo...announcers/color commentary guys question officials decisions all the time...Joe doing it directly in front of the ref (rather than from the commentary booth) is pretty cool imo. (And he was reasonable about it, gave Mario respect etc.)

the headphone thing isn't true.. it's the area around where the spine meets the back of the skull

Good for Joe for getting answers and good for Yamasaki for manning up and defending his decision.

Most of those shots looked illegal to me in real time also. Tough call to make, imo.

Big fuck up by Mario. He stopped the fight made the right call. Then realized that one punch landed to the back of the head, got all dramatic instead of offering prater the allowed time to recover. And besides all of that dude was obviously done from a shoulder injury and lots of rabbit punches to the side of the head.

jmacdoug - the headphone thing isn't true.. it's the area around where the spine meets the back of the skull

I just checked the unified rules as adopted by NJ, and it does not define the area constituting "back of the head". I'd like to see some clarification on this.