lol @ Marrero vs. Gouveia

One guy will stall on the ground and the other will stall on the feet. I can't wait!

Gouveia has some decent hands, should take out Marrero.

Not if Marrero lasts past the first round. :)

Marrero is a good friend and a part of my gym. Goeveia is a friend as well and a team mate from a sister school. I think this can be a good fight and very action packed. I wish them both the best and hope they come out uninjured and ready for future fights.

Rory

The HardCore Gym/ATT of Athens, GA

I don't think this will be a good fight, but I can see the logic in it. Both fighters have fought and lost at heavyweight. Now they are both down to 205. Let's get it on!

Gouveia's UFC fights have all been at light Heavyweight.

TTT for Mello.

This fight will determine who is the best UFC fighter to look almost exactly like Walid.

Carmello should win.

"Not if Marrero lasts past the first round. :)"

Yes, because Gouveia once got gassed in a fight when he was fighting injured he will surely gas in every fight that goes beyond the first round for the res t of his life. /sarcasm

"Yes, because Gouveia once got gassed in a fight when he was fighting injured he will surely gas in every fight that goes beyond the first round for the res t of his life. /sarcasm "

lol, exactly. It's like the morons that were saying Gonzaga sucked after his first fight in the UFC (without knowing the details of what he went through beforehand)

smac1 he has a history of "cooling off" after the first round in many of his fights

He last two were much better than the Jardine fight. Didn't he finish Seth in the third ?

Gouveia has way better standup and submissions. Only way Marrero wins is if he lays on Gouveia for 3 rds.

Gouveia all the way.

"smac1 he has a history of "cooling off" after the first round in many of his fights"

EXACTLY. Thank you. I didn't mean Gouveia would "gas". What I meant was that after he brings the heat for a round with a display of awesome striking, etc. he just suddenly starts coasting ala Penn-St.Pierre.

LOL at Gouveia being boring. His standup is good and he brings it.

^ For a round.

He finished his last 2 fights after the first.