LOL! So who has snagged M$ source

I know somebody on here has by now.

i definately can not legally say i am looking for it...

Dude, this could be bad. Not just for MS, but for everyone. The next quarter was shaping up to be very good..if it surpasses the last 4th quarter, it could be the strongest tech year we've seen since the dot com crash. A few more MyDooms and SoBigs could really hurt consumer confidence, which hurts all of us in the industry, regardless of what operating system you're fond of.

That being said, I don't think it'll be a big deal. If there's one thing MS has had a lot of practice at, it's making patches with lightning speed..lol.

Maybe now some one will fix all their memory leaks.

It is available, won't say how or where but its out.

IRC

"Microsoft stolen code "came from Mainsoft"

Apparently

By INQUIRER staff: Friday 13 February 2004, 09:22

SLASHDOT IS reporting that the source for the stolen Windows 2000 code appears to be Mainsoft"

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14135

are u looking for it Rob, i could ask a couple buds if they have it, im sure its not that hard to track down on a couple IRC channels

Anyone got a torrent or link? micheal.tinney@oceanfree.net

This could turn out to be a good thing long term in the sense the MS might take serious measures and re-architecture their next version of windows so as to be radically different, i.e. no longer based on nt4 kernel. They could certainly use new code as what they have now is way too error prone to hacks and viri.

look at all the damage that is done without source code knowledge. LOFL... Can it be any worse?

I think this is going to be their excuse to finally go open source

i read sumwhere that the code fir sp3 beta has leaked as well.

My guess is 99.9999999% of you wouldn't understand the source code or be able to do anything with it even if you had the entire Windows code base. Keep dreaming and watching Antitrust on cable. :-)

LOL, this is funny...

A quick, superficial look at the style and content of the leaked Windows 2000 source. I quote from the comments but not the code...

Curse words: there are a dozen or so "fucks" and "shits", and hundreds of "craps". Some dissatisfaction with the compiler is expressed in private\shell\shell32\util.cpp:

// the fucking alpha cpp compiler seems to fuck up the goddam type "LPITEMIDLIST", so to work
// around the fucking peice of shit compiler we pass the last param as an void *instead of a LPITEMIDLIST

Some insight into Microsoft's famous daily build process is given in private\windows\media\avi\verinfo.16\verinfo.h:
 *       !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 * !!!!!!!IF YOU CHANGE TABS TO SPACES, YOU WILL BE KILLED!!!!!!!
 *       !!!!!!!!!!!!!!DOING SO FUCKS THE BUILD PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/2/15/71552/7795

lol ttt

lol, ok, theseanster.
I'm sure M$ source is so far beyond all our capabilities to understand....
I wonder if any of the RPC code is in there, that would be great. X:>

Supposedly this IE exploit came from combing through the leaked
source:

http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2004/Feb/1009067.html

I say "Gawdamn!"

that was really fast....

(huddles from coming storm in Links-wrapped security blanket)

I was 1/2 way joking Rob, but you know as well as I do that I'm probably more right than I am wrong. :-)

lol.

well, I'll freely admit it would take me a while to understand it, at least the C portion.

I would have to learn the Win32 API and review stuff from K&R.

I don't even know C++... something I need to learn sometime. But not until I'm better with Python, C, and Java....