LOL @ Yosh/Nish Main Event

No wonder PRIDE has a hard time selling this to North American fans.

All the great fights they had tonight and they edit to showcase Yoshida and Nishijima.

Not the best idea, IMO.

On a side note, the whole open weight thing is stupid. Now it's essentially another HW GP (which isn't that bad). It's just that they wasted a round on guys who didn't belong there.

Yoshida I'm sure has had more difficult training sessions with new students at his dojo.

That was a ridiculous mismatch

The PPV was great, but talk about a letdown.

IMHO, that would be the last fight I would pick for a main event if I had the benefit of a tape edit.

Considering he's an ex-UFC champ and had a great fight, I would've put Barnett/Alex as the main.

Well considering that their main audience is Japanese it makes sense. The
N. American market is a tiny fraction of their market. But even with that
main event, this card blows away the last several UFC's imo. And I
agree...the only 2 fights that didn't exicte me were Yosh/Nishi and Nog/
Zulu.

"Well considering that their main audience is Japanese it makes sense."

read my post again, this time SLOWLY

"No wonder PRIDE has a hard time selling this to North American fans."

I suppose they could expand their audience here but i dont think they have that tough a time selling to us since we talk about this as much as we do UFC.

Guys...Japanese venue...Japanese fans...Japanese fighters. It is the opening round. It's Japanese boxer against famed Judo champion. Of course, they would do it this way. The last three fights did go fast though...

It was a work or about as close as you can get to one . Pride is a joke with the way they protect Yoshida .

youre a joke.

not a very funny one either.

Why the fuck do you care what they bill as the main event with all the talent on the card ?

"
Why the fuck do you care what they bill as the main event with all the talent on the card?"

Are you really that stupid?

It was a good fight.

Yoshida is one of Japan's national heroes.....

LOL @ having barney as main event, you guys are incredible...