LOL@ "Your Move"

I'm not laughing at the comment, I'm laughing at the timing. They had their little spat privately, which led to Conor's retirement tweet and him being pulled from the card (it's debatable whether him being pulled caused the retirement tweet or if the retirement tweet caused him to be pulled, but doesn't matter for the point I'm making). After that, Dana went on TV and said he was pulling him and explained his side a little bit.

Conor then sent his follow up statement explaining his side (the long facebook post) and saying that he wants to train more and promote less for this one. The UFC didn't blink, and kept him off UFC 200, saying that unless he does what they're asking, the Diaz fight is off, and his next fight will be a title defense against Aldo/Edgar winner. THEN Conor comes out with the #Yourmove tweet. The UFC already made their move, homie.

They told him to do the promotional shit, or he was off the card. He said he wasn't doing it, and they pulled him. He then sent a retirement tweet, and they didn't change their stance. Then he made the long facebook post, and they didn't change their stance. Now the #yourmove tweet, and guess what...still the same stance from the UFC. WTF does he think he's going to accomplish with this shit? Does he really think Dana and the UFC is going to respond well to this shit?

90% of the posts on this forum are people talking shit about the UFC and their business practices. They're already the "bad guy" in most of these situations in the eyes of the fans. On what planet does the UFC respond well to a public spat with a fighter? When have they ever budged in the past?

The UFC is moving on. They'll still make a ton of money on UFC 200, and Conor will be watching from the same place I will be. (As Ray Lewis would say, yo couch)

So I wasn't on the forum late yesterday and just noticed many made similar points to me on a different thread. I feel like a fucking dipshit now.

Did they say his next fight is defending the belt?  Good if so. It's what he should be doing anyhow.

Rickmassmma - So I wasn't on the forum late yesterday and just noticed many made similar points to me on a different thread. I feel like a fucking dipshit now.

VU ~ we need more dipshits like you.

McConor will be getting no favors after pissing all over Dana's mountain moving.

It's ok dipshit. Your points are valid. Conor's timing reminds me of Seinfeld, when George gets fired then shows up at work the next day like nothing happened.

Rickmassmma - So I wasn't on the forum late yesterday and just noticed many made similar points to me on a different thread. I feel like a fucking dipshit now.
Lol i was getting ready to beat you up and you took all the fun out if it lolol Phone Post 3.0

Mustard Tiger - 
Rickmassmma - So I wasn't on the forum late yesterday and just noticed many made similar points to me on a different thread. I feel like a fucking dipshit now.

VU ~ we need more dipshits like you.

lol good response.

don't worry Rickmassmma, there are so many different threads being created it's difficult to keep track of what's been said or duplicated.

VU!

Dodge135 - McConor will be getting no favors after pissing all over Dana's mountain moving.

Aside from guys like Chuck. Dana has shown time and time again that there aren't friends in this business.

Look at the way they treated GSP after the Hendricks fight. It was an embarrassing display by the UFC. For them to go into GSP's locker room and take his belt while he was in the shower. Wow. And keep in mind that GSP was the poster child and biggest draw at the time. As soon as he hinted at retirement, they turned on him.

Good for Conor to stand up to them. He's nothing more than a commodity for them. So he needs to use them just as they use him.

Welcome to day 1 of MMA. At least you know this is the UFC forum.

Good post.

Can't let fighters avoid promoting the fight, especially an event like UFC 200. Would set a bad precedent.

UFC called his bluff.

UFC will go on fine.