Long Distance Relationship - Ever Been In One?

I've currently been involved in a long distance for over a year. We've see each other about 8 - 10 times within a year. We send pics and try to video chat every now and then to keep connected but its still difficult because i get lonely quite often. I have female friends and other women who want my attention and company but I don't feel right extending that to them. I know it may sound stupid I'm really a loyal guy. She's a very much focused on her career and business so she's a very busy woman. We've made 2016 the year we will be together for good. She she has realty to sell and other matters to wrap up before she can relocate to live with me here on the east coast.

I want to go on further but had anyone here been or currently in a long distance relationship?

BTW I'm over 40 yet under 45 years of age. Phone Post 3.0

yes from montreal and dated a girl from Kentucky...we would see each other every other month.

in the end I was heart broken like a 6 year old for the first time being dumped. it was rough.

They don't make even a little sense Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

First year of my current relationship was a 400km distance. Absolutely fucking beautiful.

She would come in on the weekend and I got my brains screwed out and then she would head back so I had a break.

Helped me ease into the relationship. She came in with 3 kids and I wasn't used to it.

All good 8 years later and still getting my brains screwed out. Phone Post 3.0

fahker - First year of my current relationship was a 400km distance. Absolutely fucking beautiful.

She would come in on the weekend and I got my brains screwed out and then she would head back so I had a break.

Helped me ease into the relationship. She came in with 3 kids and I wasn't used to it.

You are probably one of the very few success stories.

fahker - First year of my current relationship was a 400km distance. Absolutely fucking beautiful.

When did either of u relocate? Phone Post 3.0

StringerBell -
fahker - First year of my current relationship was a 400km distance. Absolutely fucking beautiful.

When did either of u relocate? Phone Post 3.0
How long were you 2 doing the long distance? Phone Post 3.0

I have survived a relationship where we were together and then one of us had to move away for a year. Once.

I have also crashed and burned in that same scenario.

From what I've witnessed when a relationship starts apart it often falls apart when they move close together. Seems like they always move in together. And the magic/romance of it all rapidly goes away as they realize that they barely know each other. Phone Post 3.0

Charizard - They don't make even a little sense Phone Post 3.0
Break it down Phone Post 3.0

Stringer, long distance relationships are like 45 degree days. Aint nothing good come from that! Phone Post 3.0

http://therationalmale.com/2011/09/20/letting-go-of-invisible-friend/ Phone Post 3.0

Odds are that you're the one more invested in your relationship....

TuckerMTL - yes from montreal and dated a girl from Kentucky...we would see each other every other month.

in the end I was heart broken like a 6 year old for the first time being dumped. it was rough.

This.... I was in one for over 3 years. We saw each other about 3 times a year. It ruined me for a long long time when she dumped me.

Men have a long distance girlfriend

Women are "sort of seeing someone but not for months so it's ok"

It's a pain in the ass, especially when your ideal plan is to move so you can be together, but both of you have established careers and established lives where you live, so in order for one of you to move, that would mean one of you would have to give up A LOT, and possibly end up working as a Walmart greeter if jobs in your field are hard to come by.  

Lol, how weird. I have a friend that just took her long distance boyfriend to LaX to travel back to Miami. Dudes a huge Mma fan. Reading this you would think you were him. Lmao. That would of been crazy. Phone Post 3.0

It can work if:

- You both make an effort to communicate every day, or at least several times a week

- You see each other reasonably often

- The LD arrangement is temporary and you'll eventually be in the same location full time

I know that Eddie from Below Deck on BravoTV is having a hard time with his long distance relationship.

I had a great long distance relationship.

The long distance girl was my emotional relationship.  While at home I would bang everyone I could.  It worked out really well for someone in their early 20's ... LOL ... I was a jerk back then, but that was actually a really good way to work the relationship.