Long time family friend’s son hit by car

Someone that I’ve known for 25 years is facing a shitty Christmas. Her 13 year old son was hit by a car right after she dropped him off for school. And she saw the whole thing. She was in my sisters wedding. Her brother was in my brother’s wedding. The two of them used to be at our house ALL the time. They probably spent more weekends at our house than they did at home. 

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46215931&nid=148

Sad to read that, hopefully it was just an awful accident and not someone distracted with their phone while driving near a school. Prayers sent, please update us

:(

He’s still in rough shape and in critical condition. But they keep seeing minor improvements. 

Fucking A that is brutal. I lost a child suddenly (my sisters daughter 5yrs old) and it’s the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced. God willing your friend doesn’t need to experience that. Prayers for them. 

On another note, I couldn’t imagine being the driver either who apparently didn’t see the child. Imagine having that on your conscious. 

Hoping for the best. Do you know what the speed limit was being that close to a school, and how fast was the driver going?

ChicagoTom -

On another note, I couldn’t imagine being the driver either who apparently didn’t see the child. Imagine having that on your conscious. 

fuck them

no excuse for hitting kids in front of a school

Prayers for the child and family .

Prayers for a Christmas Miracle or two. Kids are incredibly resilient and I hope that, in a year, it will be impossible to tell what he went through.

Sorry op.  Hopefully the kid makes a full recovery.  I lost a friend years ago when she was struck while crossing at a crosswalk.  I have kids now and I always stress the importance not assuming that a driver sees you and is preparing to stop, regardless if you are at a crosswalk or not.

gregbrady -
ChicagoTom -

fuck them

It’s insane not to look for kids when within 2 blocks of a school. Whenever I drive near schools I drop it to sub 25mph when I’m 2-3 blocks out and I basically crawl through the block when actually passing the school. There should be 2-3 speed bumps per street around every single school. 

Hope the kid recovers. Any updates op?

That's horrible. Best wishes to the boy and his family. Please keep us posted when you get new info

gregbrady - 
ChicagoTom -

fuck them

This.

fahker -
gregbrady - 
ChicagoTom -

fuck them

This.

Yup. From reading the article I get the sense that the vehicle was traveling pretty fast too. 

gregbrady -
ChicagoTom -

fuck them

He stepped out from between cars and wasn't in the crosswalk. He screwed up too. I don't and won't blame anyone for this untill all the evidence is out.

I can't imagine seeing this happen to your kid and how hard that must be. Feeling totally helpless and unable to do anything to protect your kid.

Update?

Bump. 

JimLahey - 
gregbrady -
ChicagoTom -

fuck them

Time and time again you prove what a dumbass you are. 

This.