Long time lurker of mma forums since late 90’s

Finally made an account after seeing someone post in a thread that Orcus has to be Kirik or someone really close to him or one of the main guys on the underground 

I totally believe that lol

been reading mma forums since the Mousells MMA Forum back in the 90's

nice to meet all you 01ers I'm sure our knowledge should be pretty similar about Mma history  

great to finally have an account 

Nah mate,mma started in 2007 when tuf kicked off.

2 Likes
BringBackGoldy -

Man you're crazy Conor started MMA when he trained UFC for the first time 

1 Like
BringBackGoldy -

I've only ever lurked so I don't know how to respond to something like this lol

it does make me wonder how someone who just started watching the sport within the last ten years would start to figure out the history of mma 

Tell me what u know about dreamin dreamin

RedGone -

Tell me what u know about dreamin dreamin

I know that dreams are for free, so dream all you want 

Fuck off op

1 Like
Gartlin -

Fuck off op

Could you please elaborate ?

MMA Experience -
BringBackGoldy -

it does make me wonder how someone who just started watching the sport within the last ten years would start to figure out the history of mma 

Its not like being a boxing fan 30 years ago. You really had to invest money to get knowledge,books magazines videos.....l spent a small fortune when l was younger on such things.

Now its all but a google search away. Free and easy.

Its still a fun ride though.

2 Likes
BringBackGoldy - 

That is when the good stuff ended and the modern era started.

I think most of us that were into this early on, are an entirely different type of fan, than a lot of newer fans since TUF began.

1 Like
Gartlin -

Fuck off op

Proper UG welcome 

I have trouble believing OP.

3 Likes
BringBackGoldy -

I thought the sport of MMA was introduced in 2011 when Fox unveiled it.

I watch a few events with my bro in law when I was like 10 back on 95.  I always remember the fights but I was growing up and didnt have cable or internet to follow up.  It want till 05 when tuf came on the air that I started to watch again I became a tuf noob but then met a dude who pit me on to Pride and the rest is history.

MMA Experience -
BringBackGoldy -

I dunno, for a suitable response, off the top of my head:

'your asshole; my fingers and toes, motherfucker!'

BringBackGoldy -
MMA Experience -
BringBackGoldy -

Its not like being a boxing fan 30 years ago. You really had to invest money to get knowledge,books magazines videos.....l spent a small fortune when l was younger on such things.

Now its all but a google search away. Free and easy.

Its still a fun ride though.

I used to spend $100 on 4 VHS tapes regularly to watch something different. Then they started cutting some of the Russian events up into 2 tapes for profit. The event would all happen on the same night, but maybe 2 tournaments. I used to swap copies of events with people too but bought a ton of that stuff. I was doing that when basicly nobody around here had a clue what NHB was. It was very niche and boxing fans called it boring. 

Hi KKM and MIJ?

MMA Experience -
Gartlin -

Fuck off op

Could you please elaborate ?

welcome to the UG

KKM

MMA started in 2004, when Iceman started his reign of dominance over the UFC LHW Division. He torched Tito and all of a sudden you saw his haircut everywhere.