Longest it took to hear back after interview?

I had an interview on Monday...I can say it was probably the greatest interview I ever had, completely nailed it. I was on top of the world after expecting a call back that day.

it's now Friday and haven't heard back...he said "I will be in contact in the next week or 2."

trying hard to not start mid day drinking.

Around 3 weeks for me. In that time I had another interview at a different place who subsequently offered me a job within a week. The day after I accepted their offer, figuring the first company wasn't going to call back, that first company called for me to come in and meet the supervisors (a formality before an offer). I had to tell them I had accepted an offer elsewhere already.

Why would you expect a call back that same day if he explicitly told you that he'd get back to you in a week or two? Phone Post 3.0

2 months.  I assumed after 2 weeks that the answer was no and found another position.

A month. Total radio silence before that. I thought for sure I didn't get it even though I felt I crushed the interview. They called me after the month and told me the job was mine. I'm still there and loving it. Phone Post 3.0

RTWu - Why would you expect a call back that same day if he explicitly told you that he'd get back to you in a week or two? Phone Post 3.0
I've had people send me thank you cards after I interview them. Always thought that was a cool move. Phone Post 3.0

RTWu - Why would you expect a call back that same day if he explicitly told you that he'd get back to you in a week or two? Phone Post 3.0

because I'm stupid and the feeling of urgency and panic were kicking in.

The Donkeypuncher - A month. Total radio silence before that. I thought for sure I didn't get it even though I felt I crushed the interview. They called me after the month and told me the job was mine. I'm still there and loving it. Phone Post 3.0

thank you.

Pick up the phone and call the interviewer. Tell them you want to see where they are at in the decision making process. If they are having any second thoughts or concerns, you get a second chance to address them before they right you off.

Don't wait for them. Take charge of your destiny.

TuckerMTL -
The Donkeypuncher - A month. Total radio silence before that. I thought for sure I didn't get it even though I felt I crushed the interview. They called me after the month and told me the job was mine. I'm still there and loving it. Phone Post 3.0

thank you.

No problem buddy. VU. Phone Post 3.0

about 6 months total, kind of.

got offered a job while working at a retail store but didnt take it serious. Quit that job and called the number he gave me about 3 months later. Did not get an answer and left a voice mail. Got a call back from him 3 months later (turns out the new place is closed for 3 months in the winter so I had to wait until he got back and checked his messages)

A months for a buddy of mine Phone Post 3.0

A friend and I each interviewed for a job at this moderately sized, upscale hotel in Beverly Hills. This absurdly supercilious, very gay HR guy who acted like we were applying to be Royal Butlers, interviewed us.  

Heard nothing. Forgot about it. Got a job elsewhere. 

5 months later I got a call for a follow up interview.

Probably about a month, I usually assume after 2 weeks it's time to move on Phone Post 3.0

TuckerMTL - I had an interview on Monday...I can say it was probably the greatest interview I ever had, completely nailed it. I was on top of the world after expecting a call back that day.

it's now Friday and haven't heard back...he said "I will be in contact in the next week or 2."

trying hard to not start mid day drinking.
For my current job I had the same experience. No call by 5 on Friday, figured I didn't make the cut.

Got a phone call Tues afternoon with the offer. I was so stunned that I was actually speechless.... Long enough for the HR lady to say "well, are you still interested?" Lol

Next Sunday I was on a plane to the coast for a week of indoc.

Don't give up on it yet bro Phone Post 3.0