Longest you have held a plank

Ex-military guy has the record at 5hrs 15 min, not sure what one does to with their life to train to get to that point. Binge house of cards while you train?

i've been holding one for going on 8 years now

I held one for 5 mins the other day.  Though I was dying.  I was twitching and shaking and cramping. 

I like to plank through commercials.  Two min plank session would be 30 sec reg plank, 30 sec on right side, 30 sec on left, then 30 sec reg.   That will get you through most commercial breaks. 

3 minutes for elbow planks, never timed a full plank. Insane how people can do it for hours.

In

Sub. Used to be a few minutes - probably 1 min max now... gonna try that one Ned

Z NEDCMK1 -

This is my go to:

Gonna give this a go... eventually.

Z NEDCMK1 -

This is my go to:

Any rest in between sets?

I did an elbow plank for 4 minutes a couple of times. I was so shaky after.

A solid 7.4 seconds. Impressive I know.

we do 3 minute elbow planks in muay thai as one of the warmups...never tried for longer

I don't know , but it was a long dang time . . . Memories of Sand Hill .

Z NEDCMK1 -
BeardedGlory - 
Z NEDCMK1 -

This is my go to:

Any rest in between sets?

No, continuous for the five minutes.

Word. I'll give this a shot tomorrow morning after the gym and report back. ????

Planks are tough, I was doing traditional situps/crunches for years and switched to planks due to chronic lower back issues. I was shocked at how hard they were initially to hold for an extended period of time. My goal is 15 minutes by Easter, right now the longest I have held one is 7 mins.

Going to try the above workout.