Longest you went without a vehicle?

I understand in some places it's very easy to operate just fine without one, but that would seem crazy where I live, and previous places I've lived in the past, like almost not possible. I haven't went without since I got it at 16.

I guess there were a few weeks here and there between vehicles, but for the most part

Got my first car at 17. Have had a vehicle ever since.

Minus the few times it was in the shop for a week or two. I usually had a rental though. Good luck being productive without a vehicle where i live lol

Living in Northern VA, I went without a car for almost 5 years. I just used a bicycle to get everywhere.

I wish I could get rid of my vehicles.

Haven't owned a car since i was 22. I do own 3 motorcycles though...

first one at 17, never went without

John Travoltage - I understand in some places it's very easy to operate just fine without one, but that would seem crazy where I live, and previous places I've lived in the past, like almost not possible. I haven't went without since I got it at 16.

16 years 

18 years

First car at 18, had one ever since.

I drove it one time in 2014 when I was working downtown and could take public transportation. It was nice not having to fill up on gas, get oil changes, repairs, etc. Having to depend on the schedules of public transportation to get anywhere, on the other hand, was not.

In Netherlands no car for two years, never not had one in the US. 

Had my car stolen a few years back and went with out one for a couple of weeks

4 years and counting.

I've been motorcycle and bicycle only for almost 2 years. 

I don't even think about getting a car anymore. Eventually Im sure I will. 

No motor vehicle at all? I think I went a couple months here and there. 

My sister is 53. Has never even had a driver's license 

Bought first car at 15.
Never not had one since.

I am 33 I do not even own a driving license. 

For about 3 years while I was in law school, but I lived in downtown San Diego, and could walk to most anything I needed.

First 18 years of my life no car. Grew up in NO, public transportation was a breeze. Joined the Army and after basic bought a car and had one ever since. Lived in a few places all over the US that would be impossible to get around without a car. 

how do you guys that dont own cars do your shopping?

Passive Jay -

how do you guys that dont own cars do your shopping?

One of my old roommates did it by basically visiting the supermarket everyday and picking up minimal amounts of groceries, and he had about an hour walk from the grocery store.