Longo: Fluke talk could get Silva hurt

DoomFarmer - If you go in there with the aim to beat the man across from you and you beat him, it is not a fluke. Phone Post 3.0
It's all about replication. If u cannot repeat your feat in a million attempts it's a fluke. That said I don't think it was a fluke, I think it was excellent game planning. Phone Post 3.0

ausgepicht -
Ip Man 81 - First off, it was a fluke, just like when Serra beat GSP. Props to both Serra and Weidman, they accomplished what few others could, but the rematch will be similar to the GSP/Serra rematch,
Anderson will absolutely destroy Weidman. Second, we haven't seen a motivated Silva lately, at least it hasn't seemed like we have, other than the Chael fights. Silva will be motivated and he will destroy Weidman and prove the fluke, just like GSP did to Serra. Two champions, both flukes, but still great accomplishments, but then again still flukes. Phone Post 3.0

First off you're wrong in virtually every sentence.

What Weidman did wasn't a fluke. See Jack Slack's thread, listen to Weidman and his trainers who discussed the specifics of what he did, and how MOST pros picked Weidman. Fluke is the wrong word here. Denial...yours, is the proper word. Haterade, would be another.

Secondly, Serra is a piss poor analogy. He punched GSP behind the head. That wasn't a fluke, it was either an accident or Serr intentionally cheated. Neither is a fluke.

Thirdly, saying the rematch will look like Serra/GSP II shows you to be a Nostradumbass. GSP wasn't 40 in the rematch. Silva doesn't wrestle, so won't be wailing at the side of Weidman while he's turtled. Saying things like "Anderson will absolutely destroy him." is EXACTLY what you Nostradumbasses said leading up to the first fight and surely, you will - like you cowards did then - will pretend your asshole posts and threads and prophecies didn't exist.

Shit. Forget it. Y'all posting in a 12er thread.

You started off great until you started calling what serra did the back of the head. It was not illegal in any way, nor an accident. It landed behind the ear in a perfectly legal spot. Not part of the "mo-hawk" area. Phone Post

Bobby Lupo - Lou Neglia is an awesome coach and his promotions have developed quite a few East Coast MMA stars.

+1

the word fluke shouldn't be used for any of the upsets.

while Serra's victory was surprising he knew what he wanted to do in the cage and did it. The shock was that GSP let him, and didn't avoid it. Fluke and mma shouldn't be used together; that's what makes it interesting, everything can change with one punch. For t-rex Serra to have the calmness and coolness, to land a heavy fist at the end of his short arms on GSP's chin took months of training and preparation. It was unlikely but not a fluke.

Being able to repeatedly defeat an opponent, or clearly control the fight and do more damage to an opponent over a course of rounds demonstrates true dominance sure, but KO is rarely a fluke.

sacredhate - the word fluke shouldn't be used for any of the upsets.

while Serra's victory was surprising he knew what he wanted to do in the cage and did it. The shock was that GSP let him, and didn't avoid it. Fluke and mma shouldn't be used together; that's what makes it interesting, everything can change with one punch. For t-rex Serra to have the calmness and coolness, to land a heavy fist at the end of his short arms on GSP's chin took months of training and preparation. It was unlikely but not a fluke.

Being able to repeatedly defeat an opponent, or clearly control the fight and do more damage to an opponent over a course of rounds demonstrates true dominance sure, but KO is rarely a fluke.

The only real flukes are things like shoguns arm snapping against coleman. Phone Post

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - I see your Serra vs GSP 2 comparison and raise you a Edgar vs Penn 2 Phone Post 3.0

I see your Edgar vs Penn 2 and raise you Hughes vs Penn 3. Phone Post

Ip Man 81 - First off, it was a fluke, just like when Serra beat GSP. Props to both Serra and Weidman, they accomplished what few others could, but the rematch will be similar to the GSP/Serra rematch,
Anderson will absolutely destroy Weidman. Second, we haven't seen a motivated Silva lately, at least it hasn't seemed like we have, other than the Chael fights. Silva will be motivated and he will destroy Weidman and prove the fluke, just like GSP did to Serra. Two champions, both flukes, but still great accomplishments, but then again still flukes. Phone Post 3.0

I hope you never corner/train anyone because you will get them hurt unless you pull your head out of your ass, which is precisely Ray's point. You would have been at home in Mike Tyson's camp for Buster Douglas. It's morans like you that didn't even think to bring an endswell.

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -

The only real flukes are things like shoguns arm snapping against coleman. Phone Post

Coleman intentionally took Shogun down. He knew what he was doing.Shogun was the idiot that posted his arm to stop it. Not a fluke. Vitor/Randy cut eyelid was a fluke. Phone Post

ajjr0ller - 
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -

Coleman intentionally took Shogun down. He knew what he was doing.Shogun was the idiot that posted his arm to stop it. Not a fluke. Vitor/Randy cut eyelid was a fluke. Phone Post

The very first thing I learned in combat sports was how to hit the mat without hurting myself. Shogun failed to exercise a proper technique and paid the price. No different than dropping his hands and getting tagged or posing for the camera to say "Hello Japan." Not flukes. Agree.

The only fluke I am aware of is Josh Grispi. Phone Post 3.0

I have no clue how the rematch is gonna go down and that's why I get nervous thinking about it. Zero idea. Phone Post 3.0

Is Neglia even wearing any shorts there?

Ip Man 81 - First off, it was a fluke, just like when Serra beat GSP. Props to both Serra and Weidman, they accomplished what few others could, but the rematch will be similar to the GSP/Serra rematch,
That was stupid Phone Post 3.0

I like Longo, but that's kind of a stupid comment. Like Weidman wasn't going to try to hurt Silva in the rematch anyway? I thought that was sort of the point of fighting?

Stephen Holder - Ray Longo and Chris Weidman are making some huge mistakes if they really believe some of this nonsense going into the rematch.

First, Anderson's 'clowning' WAS EXCESSIVE in comparison to what we witnessed in the Maia, Griffen and Bonnar fights prior. It was stupid but very easy to fix with heightened focus. If Longo cant even admit this one fundamental truth, Chris and all of his fans can count on having a shitty New Year.

Second, THE NOTION that as a counterstriker Silva 'became desperate after being unable to get Chris to engage so he resorted to clowning' is bullshit. TRTSonnen in terms of points and control had Silva far more compromised than Chris ever did. Did he start dancing around and doing fake stanky legs? No.

Third, THE REASON Silva got so cocky is due to an obvious surge in Adrenaline/confidence. Why on earth would Silva's confidence soar? Ever since Chris beat Maia on 8 days notice people had been saying he was Anderson's cryptonite at 185. Fuck the hypeshows n promos leading up to their fight had GSP n Frankie Edgar n Chris Leben n Rashad Evans all saying Silva was doomed. Imagine Silva going into the fight and realizing at the end of the first round/beginning of the second how incredibly overhyped Chris Weidman was.

I don't know what fight everyone else saw. From what I remember it was the first round bell, a to-be-expected great takedown from Weidman, decent ground control and some nice top shots by Weidman. BUT THEN...

A failed leg sub attempt and failure by Chris to maintain ground control, Silva back to his feet EASILY and a winded, gassed Weidman (with his mouth open swinging into thin air at the end of the first round.) At the beginning of the second round Chris attempted two takedowns and they got stuffed. This guy's ridiculously acclaimed wrestling skills and his takedowns are getting effortlessly stuffed by the second round? lol mentally Silva was seconds from locking in on a brutal win before he started clowning .

Its one thing for the UG to be in denial about this but for Chris and his team if they really cant understand this stuff and prepare accordingly then they better take a pic of that strap cuz for him it will last longer than Dec. 28th.

having also seen the fight, and not being a nuthugger of either, I'd have to agree with you on just about everything you say here.

Don't see the Sierra win as a fluke. Wasn't like he caught him with a lucky punch, he outboxed him the whole fight. GSP used his wrestling and g&p to win rematch but no fluke in first fight. The Silva fight could be seen as a fluke because if Silva wasn't clowning around does anyone really see Cris ko'ing him in that fight? Rematch will tell but I think Silva wins a tough fight and deals out a lot of punishment.

Ip Man 81 - First off, it was a fluke, just like when Serra beat GSP. Props to both Serra and Weidman, they accomplished what few others could, but the rematch will be similar to the GSP/Serra rematch,
Nothing like GSP/Serra

Everyone was picking Weidman to win Phone Post 3.0

spirello -
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - I see your Serra vs GSP 2 comparison and raise you a Edgar vs Penn 2 Phone Post 3.0

Cant compare those since Edgar vs penn 1 was a controversial decision where most people thought penn won
P4P fighter gets defeated in a "fluke". His fans say "he cannot beat a motivated version" of said fighter. I'd like to think its pretty comparable Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_SidRival -
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - I see your Serra vs GSP 2 comparison and raise you a Edgar vs Penn 2 Phone Post 3.0
Raise u a Cain vs JDS II Phone Post 3.0
Raise you Anderson vs Franklin 2 (ironic but a raise is a raise) Phone Post 3.0

Longo is riding this win more than Weidman is haha.

Talking about flukes is kinda pointless though. Phone Post