Looking for Wrestling Info

Hey guys, I'm a MMA fan who eventually became interested in submission wrestling and now my interests have broadened to include Collegiate Wrestling.

Obviously I have a million questions.

Can anyone recommend a website or preferably a book which provides an in-depth explaination of how Collegiate Wrestling works. I'm not really concerned with techniques but I would love answers to questions such as the following:

What is required to be classified as an All-American?

What is the difference between a 'Division I' College and a 'Division II' or "Division III'?

What are all the smaller conferences that make up the NCAA?

If your an extremely good wrestler who attends a College which isn't a 'Division I, II or III' College, is there any other method of competing in an NCAA Tournament?

Any recommendations would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks.

ttt

you found the website!

just title a thread

ATTN: Chip

and ask your questions

Dang it Hank! YOU answer his questions! You can answer these better than I can anyway!

"What is required to be classified as an All-American?"

You must place in the top 8 in your weight class at the NCAA championships.

"If your an extremely good wrestler who attends a College which isn't a 'Division I, II or III' College, is there any other method of competing in an NCAA Tournament?"

No. If you aren't part of an official NCAA wrestling program, you can't compete in an NCAA event (this holds true for any sport).

Some of the rest of your questions actually get a bit complicated. But GrapplerHK would be pleased to answer them!

Thanks Chip!

I was able to find answers to the other questions by digging through the NCAA website (that site is huge).

Thanks for the All-American info, I wasn't able to find a decisive answer on the NCAA website.