Loot from my last Thailand trip

Leghound - He made a thread on the sherdog gear and equipment page with a guide to get to the boon shop and it had a price list.

BJJStudent - Tell us more!!

Ack....a'ight, I guess it's worth going to Sherdog to check it, thanks for the heads up

Leghound - What did the gloves run you and how hard were they to come across? One of my good friends is going to Thailand in a few weeks for his honeymoon and I told him I'd be sending him a loot request. I need some new 16's, and wouldn't mind some new focus mitts. How much were things running you?

16 oz Boon gloves cost 1150 baht for the velcro and 1100 baht for the lace ups at the Boon shop in Bangkok.

Punch mitts cost between 1200 baht and 2000 baht depending on the syle.

i got my twins special gloves at sityodtong for around 900 baht....but i think i got the saekson special

ttt

Ryukyu Damashi - 
Leghound - What did the gloves run you and how hard were they to come across? One of my good friends is going to Thailand in a few weeks for his honeymoon and I told him I'd be sending him a loot request. I need some new 16's, and wouldn't mind some new focus mitts. How much were things running you?

16 oz Boon gloves cost 1150 baht for the velcro and 1100 baht for the lace ups at the Boon shop in Bangkok.

Punch mitts cost between 1200 baht and 2000 baht depending on the syle.

Thx. Forwarded your Sherdog thread to my buddy, hopefully they take a side trip during their honeymoon.

for anyone interested, things heating up here on the reds versus govt issue.

they indentified the killers of the soliders as hard core red shirt communists and a combination of current and ex rangers from a competing unit. former PM thaksin has alligned disenfrachinsed groups suchs as these people plus power hungry bankers, police and soliders into an attempt to bring down the king and improve their positioning in thailand.

A definite power struggle going on here. In the last few days, I saw a man beaten for handing out flags of the king by a red shirt taxi driver. Hearing tons of similar things from other people, including some reds dressed as Maoists. We will see how it turns out, but most thais just love the king, so suprising to see any of this happen.

I think many of the up country people don't understand the politics. They just know they paid less for things under Thaksin. I just talked to some friends who live in Buriram. They said before they didn't have to pay for water and their electric bill has doubled. That is why they suppport the red shirts.

Oh, they also said they were throwing water on a main road and a truck full of red shirts stopped and gave them all money.

Want to win the support of people who literally have nothing, give them money...

Ryukyu,

Understood. Looks like the game is coming to end very soon though. The military appears to have had enough of this.

On Friday the police spent 7 hours roaming a thaksin owned hotel, while 3 red shirt leaders simply walked out the front door and a very fat one took forever to pull off a "007" rope climb down 3 stories that took a unbelievable amount of time to complete as the police "stormed" his room :) There tons of other comedic parts to the story, but it appears the military is taking charge and see resolution on this now.

Ryukyu, Where did you get the fairtex vests/gloves from and how much were they?

I'm planning on going to thailand at the start of june and will probably visit a few diffrent gyms when i'm there. I only really plan on training once a day and i've noticed that most gyms offer a price a bit lower than the daily training rate. Is it the same at sinbi? For example the daily rate is 500baht, do they chanrge around 350 for one session per day??

Thanks pal!!

I got them at Fairtex Pattaya. I'll have to check on the prices.

One session at Sinbi is 300 baht, two sessions is 500 baht.

No hose?

huh?

how much approx did u spend on all that stuff (USD)

CALI NATIVE - No hose?

^I see what you did there...