Lorenzo: Rousey Makes Millions per Fight

He makes the comments at 46:30.

Kind of weird knowing that Lorenzo has the test levels of an 18 year old

"Our pay structure is actually better because there isn't just one person getting all of the revenues. We stack these cards, and spread the money over the entire card. We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight." - Lorenzo Fertitta

UFC 170:
Sara McMann: $16,000 (main event)
Patrick Cummins: $8,000 (co-main event)
T.J. Waldburger: $18,000 (main card)
Robert Whittaker: $15,000 (main card)
Jessica Eye: $8,000
Pedro Munhoz: $8,000
Aljamain Sterling: $16,000
Cody Gibson: $8,000
Josh Sampo: $10,000
Rafaello Oliveira: $14,000
Ernest Chavez: $16,000
Yosdenis Cedeno: $8,000

UFC 169:
Renan Barao: $22,000 (co-main and world champion)
Alan Patrick: $16,000
Clint Hester: $16,000
Rashid Magomedov: $16,000
Neil Magny: $16,000
John Makdessi: $12,000
Ricardo Lamas: $10,000
John Lineker: $8,000
Danny Martinez: $8,000
Tom Watson: $8,000
Kevin Lee: $8,000
Andy Enz: $8,000
Tony Martin: $8,000
Gasan Umalatov: $8,000

Lorenzo's just as full of shit as Dana...he's just more eloquent about it.

Schaub knows what's up Phone Post

"We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight."

Huh? Phone Post 3.0

Trejo - "We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight."

Huh? Phone Post 3.0

Must be those locker room bonuses, since it's not uncommon for main event title challengers to not even make that much disclosed.

they are paying her too much.

I Wild Each It - "Our pay structure is actually better because there isn't just one person getting all of the revenues. We stack these cards, and spread the money over the entire card. We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight." - Lorenzo Fertitta

UFC 170:

UFC 169:

Ouch.  VTFU!

I Wild Each It - "Our pay structure is actually better because there isn't just one person getting all of the revenues. We stack these cards, and spread the money over the entire card. We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight." - Lorenzo Fertitta

UFC 170:

UFC 169:

Haha you're Barao numbers a ridiculously wrong. Quite using MMA Manifesto as a source.

Also the majority of fighters you listed are on entry level deals, kind of like looking at Mike Trout's salary and saying Baseball players are way underpaid.

Tom Watson and Liniker make more than 8k, same with Lamas.

Also funny you left out the solid fighters that made a lot of money; cherry pick much?

I didn't cherry pick shit, shill. Lorenzo's quote is right there. He said it and I showed proof that he's full of shit. I knew there would be one of you that would come in and try to defend it, but it seems pretty black and white to me. He said they spread the revenue out across the card, so guys fighting on the undercards make 20-30-40 thousand per fight. I just showed data that proves he lying. It is what it is. You're probably right about Barao...backroom bonuses and all. And I didn't use MMA Manifesto to pull the data...whatever that is.

I Wild Each It - I didn't cherry pick shit, shill. Lorenzo's quote is right there. He said it and I showed proof that he's full of shit. I knew there would be one of you that would come in and try to defend it, but it seems pretty black and white to me. He said they spread the revenue out across the card, so guys fighting on the undercards make 20-30-40 thousand per fight. I just showed data that proves he lying. It is what it is. You're probably right about Barao...backroom bonuses and all. And I didn't use MMA Manifesto to pull the data...whatever that is.

Not defending the UFC but didn't Mccorkle come on here and post that he got a $150K backroom bonus for promoting his fight so well ? (I might be remembering wrong)

Who knows how much those undercard fighters actually make.

Lorezno chose his words carefully. He didn't say ALL fighters make 40.

Wouldn't be surprised if guys on the undercard can get an extra $25K for putting on a great fight.

I Wild Each It - I didn't cherry pick shit, shill. Lorenzo's quote is right there. He said it and I showed proof that he's full of shit. I knew there would be one of you that would come in and try to defend it, but it seems pretty black and white to me. He said they spread the revenue out across the card, so guys fighting on the undercards make 20-30-40 thousand per fight. I just showed data that proves he lying. It is what it is. You're probably right about Barao...backroom bonuses and all. And I didn't use MMA Manifesto to pull the data...whatever that is.
Bol got told. Vtfu. Phone Post 3.0

I Wild Each It - I didn't cherry pick shit, shill. Lorenzo's quote is right there. He said it and I showed proof that he's full of shit. I knew there would be one of you that would come in and try to defend it, but it seems pretty black and white to me. He said they spread the revenue out across the card, so guys fighting on the undercards make 20-30-40 thousand per fight. I just showed data that proves he lying. It is what it is. You're probably right about Barao...backroom bonuses and all. And I didn't use MMA Manifesto to pull the data...whatever that is.

UFC 169 never released salary data because New Jersey Athletic Commission doesn't do so, meaning you're numbers are a bit skewed.

Plenty of fighters make 20-40K a fight, hell most make more. Mike Pyle made what $100,000; 9/10 fans couldn't tell you who Mike Pyle is. Goes to show if you hang around and fight for a long time, you have an opportunity to make a lot of money.

No wonder there is already talks of her retiring in 1 to 2 years. She has apparently been getting good offers for movies and other various appearances. Why get your face smashed in by Cyborg when you can go make a great living doing movies and other entertainment avenues.

For a millionaire she sure does live in a shit hole. Phone Post 3.0

potato623 - 

UFC 169 never released salary data because New Jersey Athletic Commission doesn't do so, meaning you're numbers are a bit skewed.

Plenty of fighters make 20-40K a fight, hell most make more. Mike Pyle made what $100,000; 9/10 fans couldn't tell you who Mike Pyle is. Goes to show if you hang around and fight for a long time, you have an opportunity to make a lot of money.

How many fighters do you know? I know several (some in the UFC and some in Bellator & 1 in WSOF) and they aren't ballin' Most of these guys are just getting by and many need a secondary source of income. The UFC does hand out locker room bonuses, but it's not like they make it seem. It's the exception, not the rule.

pk7tanner -
potato623 - 

How many fighters do you know? I know several (some in the UFC and some in Bellator & 1 in WSOF) and they aren't ballin' Most of these guys are just getting by and many need a secondary source of income. The UFC does hand out locker room bonuses, but it's not like they make it seem. It's the exception, not the rule.
Bingo. Phone Post 3.0

Points from PPV are never listed as salary, those payouts are not finalized until all the buys are in. Phone Post 3.0

pk7tanner - 
potato623 - 

I didn't say fighters were "ballin'"

I simply questioned unverified data. There's plenty of money to be made in MMA, if you're willing to work for it.

pk7tanner - 
potato623 - 

Like professional football players in the 60s and 70s.

"The 1982 NFL strike began on September 21, 1982, and lasted 57 days, ending on November 16, 1982. During this time, no NFL games were played. The strike occurred because the union demanded that a wage scale based on percentage of gross revenues be implemented."

"A new five-year agreement was ratified, providing severance packages to players upon retirement, an increase in salaries and post-season pay, and bonuses based on the number of years of experience in the league. Additionally, the NFLPA was allowed to receive copies of all player contracts."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Players_Association