Lorenzo: Rousey Makes Millions per Fight

Enzo is simply a more articulate version of Dana.

UFightCheap aren't paying undercard fighters 20 - 30 - 40k.

Nathan Diaz is 15 and 15 after winning TUF, fighting for the title and 8 years with UFightCheap.

Enzo is also incorrect when he claims that UFightCheap pay a higher percentage of revenue than other leagues. He is fucking kidding himself.

pk7tanner -
potato623 - 
I Wild Each It - I didn't cherry pick shit, shill. Lorenzo's quote is right there. He said it and I showed proof that he's full of shit. I knew there would be one of you that would come in and try to defend it, but it seems pretty black and white to me. He said they spread the revenue out across the card, so guys fighting on the undercards make 20-30-40 thousand per fight. I just showed data that proves he lying. It is what it is. You're probably right about Barao...backroom bonuses and all. And I didn't use MMA Manifesto to pull the data...whatever that is.

UFC 169 never released salary data because New Jersey Athletic Commission doesn't do so, meaning you're numbers are a bit skewed.

Plenty of fighters make 20-40K a fight, hell most make more. Mike Pyle made what $100,000; 9/10 fans couldn't tell you who Mike Pyle is. Goes to show if you hang around and fight for a long time, you have an opportunity to make a lot of money.

How many fighters do you know? I know several (some in the UFC and some in Bellator & 1 in WSOF) and they aren't ballin' Most of these guys are just getting by and many need a secondary source of income. The UFC does hand out locker room bonuses, but it's not like they make it seem. It's the exception, not the rule.
From a neutral point of view, and as an amateur fighter myself, I was wondering if the fighters you mentioned make enough money to live comfortably or are they really just getting by? Phone Post 3.0

I Wild Each It - "Our pay structure is actually better because there isn't just one person getting all of the revenues. We stack these cards, and spread the money over the entire card. We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight." - Lorenzo Fertitta

UFC 170:
Sara McMann: $16,000 (main event)
Patrick Cummins: $8,000 (co-main event)
T.J. Waldburger: $18,000 (main card)
Robert Whittaker: $15,000 (main card)
Jessica Eye: $8,000
Pedro Munhoz: $8,000
Aljamain Sterling: $16,000
Cody Gibson: $8,000
Josh Sampo: $10,000
Rafaello Oliveira: $14,000
Ernest Chavez: $16,000
Yosdenis Cedeno: $8,000

UFC 169:
Renan Barao: $22,000 (co-main and world champion)
Alan Patrick: $16,000
Clint Hester: $16,000
Rashid Magomedov: $16,000
Neil Magny: $16,000
John Makdessi: $12,000
Ricardo Lamas: $10,000
John Lineker: $8,000
Danny Martinez: $8,000
Tom Watson: $8,000
Kevin Lee: $8,000
Andy Enz: $8,000
Tony Martin: $8,000
Gasan Umalatov: $8,000

Lorenzo's just as full of shit as Dana...he's just more eloquent about it.
Funny how you post reported pay when we all know they make more. But we get it, everyone at Zuffa is evil and liars. The fighters will just stop signing because there is no money there.

Damn you lying Zuffa bastards!!!! Phone Post 3.0

What ppl don't realize is that when most fighters start off, they are not paid anything to fight (amma) hell most of them pay hotels, travel, etc. just to fight. Then they go pro and start making a few hundred to fight..... If they are lucky and good enough to get a call from the UFC they SIGN A CONTRACT for whatever pay they get, just being in the UFC gets them sponsorship, recognition for themselves and their gyms, and most get bonuses and plenty of perks, so although everyone isn't making millions most make more than enough to live just doing what they love to do Phone Post 3.0

I Wild Each It - "Our pay structure is actually better because there isn't just one person getting all of the revenues. We stack these cards, and spread the money over the entire card. We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight." - Lorenzo Fertitta

UFC 170:

UFC 169:

Damn

and with declining PPV numbers cant see the pay getting any better

Interesting video,  Thank you for posting.

Judontkneedthisname3744 -
Kazp306 -
I Wild Each It - "Our pay structure is actually better because there isn't just one person getting all of the revenues. We stack these cards, and spread the money over the entire card. We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight." - Lorenzo Fertitta

UFC 170:

UFC 169:

Can't really argue with that... Phone Post 3.0
Yup! Wild each it nailed it! Me finks Lorenzo is secretly a reeeeeal sketchy mofo Phone Post 3.0
Lol we all know they make more than is reported. We just don't know how much. They need more for sure but it gets a little tiring when people still pretend that is all they make. Phone Post 3.0

The purses for the canelo-angulo fight was posted here the other day, saying only one boxer makes any money is bullshit Phone Post 3.0

Rousey is marketed like Andre the Giant was...a novelty. The difference is Andre the Giant drew money. Phone Post 3.0

Standup29 - 
Kazp306 -

UFC 170:

UFC 169:

Yup! Wild each it nailed it! Me finks Lorenzo is secretly a reeeeeal sketchy mofo Phone Post 3.0
Lol we all know they make more than is reported. We just don't know how much. They need more for sure but it gets a little tiring when people still pretend that is all they make. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly how do we know this? Because Dana and Lorenzo say so? I trust the fighters like Nate Quarry, Bubba McDaniel, and many others that have talked about how little they make...not Dana or Lorenzo. Of course Dana and Lorenzo are going to say there are backroom bonuses, etc. And it's true...there are backroom bonuses being given out. But let's not act like everyone, or even the majority, are getting them. There are still plenty of fighters in the UFC that are struggling. Believe that.

VTCO -
Trejo - "We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight."

Huh? Phone Post 3.0

Must be those locker room bonuses, since it's not uncommon for main event title challengers to not even make that much disclosed.

If I don't see it, I don't believe it Phone Post 3.0

Standup29 - 
Kazp306 -

UFC 170:

UFC 169:

No they don't all make more than what is reported. I know a few UFC fighters and a good buddy of mine fought 3 times for them. When he fought JDS, they gave him his contracted pay after the fight. The next morning while he was at breakfast, a UFC rep came up to him and gave him a $15K bonus. For his other 2 fights, he got exactly what was reported.

thegreatone287 - For a millionaire she sure does live in a shit hole. Phone Post 3.0
Sh!thole in Cali costs more than a mini mansion in Ohio.... Phone Post 3.0

pk7tanner -
potato623 - 
I Wild Each It - I didn't cherry pick shit, shill. Lorenzo's quote is right there. He said it and I showed proof that he's full of shit. I knew there would be one of you that would come in and try to defend it, but it seems pretty black and white to me. He said they spread the revenue out across the card, so guys fighting on the undercards make 20-30-40 thousand per fight. I just showed data that proves he lying. It is what it is. You're probably right about Barao...backroom bonuses and all. And I didn't use MMA Manifesto to pull the data...whatever that is.

UFC 169 never released salary data because New Jersey Athletic Commission doesn't do so, meaning you're numbers are a bit skewed.

Plenty of fighters make 20-40K a fight, hell most make more. Mike Pyle made what $100,000; 9/10 fans couldn't tell you who Mike Pyle is. Goes to show if you hang around and fight for a long time, you have an opportunity to make a lot of money.

How many fighters do you know? I know several (some in the UFC and some in Bellator & 1 in WSOF) and they aren't ballin' Most of these guys are just getting by and many need a secondary source of income. The UFC does hand out locker room bonuses, but it's not like they make it seem. It's the exception, not the rule.
This ! Without a doubt , they don't make anywhere near what is portrayed. Period and that's a fact. Phone Post 3.0

potato623 -
I Wild Each It - "Our pay structure is actually better because there isn't just one person getting all of the revenues. We stack these cards, and spread the money over the entire card. We have fighters we're giving the opportunity to fight on the undercard that are making twenty, thirty, forty thousand per fight." - Lorenzo Fertitta

UFC 170:

UFC 169:

Haha you're Barao numbers a ridiculously wrong. Quite using MMA Manifesto as a source.

Also the majority of fighters you listed are on entry level deals, kind of like looking at Mike Trout's salary and saying Baseball players are way underpaid.

Tom Watson and Liniker make more than 8k, same with Lamas.

Also funny you left out the solid fighters that made a lot of money; cherry pick much?
This. Be neutral and at least post all of the purses. Dear lord don't use manifestos bullshit either. Phone Post 3.0

Some great points throughout this thread.

I Wild Each It - I didn't cherry pick shit, shill. Lorenzo's quote is right there. He said it and I showed proof that he's full of shit. I knew there would be one of you that would come in and try to defend it, but it seems pretty black and white to me. He said they spread the revenue out across the card, so guys fighting on the undercards make 20-30-40 thousand per fight. I just showed data that proves he lying. It is what it is. You're probably right about Barao...backroom bonuses and all. And I didn't use MMA Manifesto to pull the data...whatever that is.
He didn't say EVERY SINGLE fighter on the undercard made that much genius.

There are boxing undercard fighters making 1500 bucks FFS. His statement that they spread the money out more is accurate. The top doesn't make as much, but the bottom doesn't make as little. Phone Post 3.0

The fighters just need to form a union. Until they do that they will never know what they are really worth to the UFC. There is no competition in MMA so they need a Union to get their fair share of the revenue.

Maybe they are already getting it or maybe they are getting a fraction of it. We won't really know until the organize and get some leveridge. Once you threaten to strike and shut down the UFC you'll find out how much Zuffa is willing to pay to keep that from happening. I suspect the pay for the lower level guys would more than double and the upper level guys wouldn't lose a dime. But we'll never know for sure until it happens.

I also suspect that the average accountant at Zuffa makes more than the average fighter. This seems messed up since the fighters are the product. But Zuffa has to compete with the market to hire accountants and they don't have to compete with the market to hire fighters. You can't tell me the accountants are more skilled or more valuable then their figthters. They have the best fighters in the world they probably don't have the best accountants. But again the figthers have no leveridge until they do something about it.

They can't form a union , they are independent contractors. That's my understanding - Phone Post 3.0