Loretta Hunt, Josh Gross, Ariel Helwani- Thoughts?

Loretta Hunt, Josh Gross, Ariel Helwani, Stitch Duran...

What is the common denominator in this equation?

noone cares and the UFC goes on?

Loretta Hunt on UFC ban:

http://www.fightopinion.com/2011/05/06/loretta-hunt-ufc-media-politics/

The Loretta Hunt article that caused Dana White to lose his mind and make slurs:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Some-Managers-Agents-Lose-Backstage-Pass-16813

The Video that Dana White and the UFC don't want you to see...

^^^^^^  Dana White - The Consummate Professional.

Cris will be getting a phone call from the Dana when he sees this thread.

Josh Gross Open Letter To Dana White (That led to his banning):

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/An-Open-Letter-to-Dana-White-8345

Ironically - Josh Gross may have done a lot to push the conversation and get the UFC to bring on board USADA.

The UFC has permanently banned Jeff Sherwood and Sherdog.

Zuffa, Dana love to smear everyone they can to force their will.

Hell they even destroy fighters publicly when contracts are up for negotiation. Which is funny since they don't pay most of them shit all to begin with.

"Fucking dumb bitch! Fuck you Loretta Hunt!"

-BLAF Phone Post 3.0

Dana White: 'Stitch' Duran won't be back with the UFC and we 'were never friends'

"Stitch Duran Was Never My Friend"

- Dana White

lionsoul -

Ironically - Josh Gross may have done a lot to push the conversation and get the UFC to bring on board USADA.

FRAT: I'm defending a guy I don't particularly care for.

NonFrat: This was a big deal when it happened. The aftermath and Dana's schorched earth policy.

Shills successfully turned newer fans of "UFC" against a man that worked very hard to introduce journalistic integrity into a sport that was barely legal.

Josh can be a grumpy dick sometimes, no doubt. But he worked his ass off to get things right &was always very clear about opinion vs fact.

As an editor, he was relentless. He wanted more, wanted it to be real reporting vs fanboy bullshit. As a reporter, I guarantee he never went out with something that didn't have multiple sources for.

I have always defended Josh & his actions. Always will.

Loretta is a truly talented person, and another one that truly embraced a genuine reporters ethic.
Dana White called her a cunt for it.
For that alone, fuck him.
Loretta was the very first person, on the very first thread I ever made, to tell me to DIE KKM! her post included a rant against other UGers for having let a thread go an entire 20 minutes without telling me to go fuck myself.
It used to be like that here, it was awesome, and she knew the fucking rules!

I genuinely don't enjoy much of what Ariel does in this little microcosm we exist in. He "is what it is".....

But GODDAMMED if I'll back Josh & Loretta, and not back Ariel. He may have been clumsy as a young man, and he certainly shilled for the UFC when it was his job. And he definitely went out of his way to be controversial... often with very mixed results.

Knowing all that, feeling about him as I personally do, this is all still very very wrong.
And I support him in this.

There are fundamentally only a couple reasons why people think he was out of line
Either you love the sugar coated garbage the gangsters charge you to listen to, or you just hate open and honest discourse.

He was a reporter, recently & publicly freed from his muzzle, who had a scoop.

His mistake in putting out that story was only based in his belief that he was actually doing it right instead of towing the company (that just got him fired from fox) line.

I, personally, think he's average/immature/not interesting to watch or listen to. But that isn't what this is really about at all. Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic - 
lionsoul -

NonFrat: This was a big deal when it happened. The aftermath and Dana's schorched earth policy.

Shills successfully turned newer fans of "UFC" against a man that worked very hard to introduce journalistic integrity into a sport that was barely legal.

Josh can be a grumpy dick sometimes, no doubt. But he worked his ass off to get things right &was always very clear about opinion vs fact.

As an editor, he was relentless. He wanted more, wanted it to be real reporting vs fanboy bullshit. As a reporter, I guarantee he never went out with something that didn't have multiple sources for.

Loretta is a truly talented person, and another one that truly embraced a genuine reporters ethic.
Loretta was the very first person, on the very first thread I ever made, to tell me to DIE KKM! her post included a rant against other UGers for having let a thread go an entire 20 minutes without telling me to go fuck myself.

I genuinely don't enjoy much of what Ariel does in this little microcosm we exist in. He "is what it is".....

But GODDAMMED if I'll back Josh & Loretta, and not back Ariel. He may have been clumsy as a young man, and he certainly shilled for the UFC when it was his job. And he definitely went out of his way to be controversial... often with very mixed results.

Knowing all that, feeling about him as I personally do, this is all still very very wrong.

There are fundamentally only a couple reasons why people think he was out of line
Either you love the sugar coated garbage the gangsters charge you to listen to, or you just hate open and honest discourse.

His mistake in putting out that story was only based in his belief that he was actually doing it right instead of towing the company (that just got him fired from fox) line.

I, personally, think he's average/immature/not interesting to watch or listen to. But that isn't what this is really about at all. Phone Post 3.0

Damn fine post.

I agree, and have changed my mind towards Ariel because of this.

Thanks

Was going to happen (when it would have been more interesting)...

Dana and the UFC put the kabosh on it and sued Randy.

UFC sycophants (like Cindy O and others) spent the next month on the UG bashing Randy over and over again (after he was built as Captain America).

Fight never happened.

Lots of the fans blamed Randy and not the UFC.

Mhorad - 
MountainMedic - 
lionsoul -

Damn fine post.

I agree, and have changed my mind towards Ariel because of this.

Thanks

Agreed.  

Solid post by MM.

I have never been a fan of Ariel.

I have been one of his biggest critics ever since the Crocop debacle.

That said - it is impossible not to call out the UFC for their hypocrisy and strong-arm tactics.

We all vote with our pocket books.

If the other members of the media were smart, they would do a coordinated media blackout (a group "silence") on a future event... 

The UFC needs the media just as much as they need it...

MountainMedic - 
lionsoul -

gokudamus - noone cares and the UFC goes on?
This Phone Post 3.0

Lord of Light...