lost a bunch of weight from shingles, bummed out

I lost 12lbs over 3 weeks from getting shingles. dropped me down from 199 to 187. I am pretty bummed about this since it took me a really long time to add the weight without a ton of fat (added some but it could have been worse). according to my scale my bodyfat % dropped some too but I am sure it was mostly muscle. 

No real point to this thread, I just wanted to cry about it. 

Why? Was if painful to eat or something?

invalid - Why? Was if painful to eat or something?

in addition to the pain i was nauseous with no appetite

Well Christmas is coming, so no doubt you'll get it back (but probably not where you want)

ferox - Well Christmas is coming, so no doubt you'll get it back (but probably not where you want)

hopefully not! I was still starving after my normal 9am snack of beef jerkey and sunflower seed kernals so I figured since I was so underweight it would be ok to grab a bagel from the kitchen here at work, it was good but now I have major guilt. I should have just held out until lunch in a couple hours. 

Passive Jay - 
ferox - Well Christmas is coming, so no doubt you'll get it back (but probably not where you want)

hopefully not! I was still starving after my normal 9am snack of beef jerkey and sunflower seed kernals so I figured since I was so underweight it would be ok to grab a bagel from the kitchen here at work, it was good but now I have major guilt. I should have just held out until lunch in a couple hours. 

That's real queer, sir

Eggbert - Stop looking at the scale and go buy body composition

I actually look fairly good right now! losing the weight got rid of most of the spare tire thing I had going (I am told that I am crazy when i say I have a spare tire but i can SEE it so they are the crazy ones), but I am a lot weaker than I was 3 weeks ago, I had to drop a bunch of weight from my lifts to get anywhere near the reps I normally do. 

invalid -
Passive Jay - 

That's real queer, sir

better than fake queer!

man, lunch sucked. not gonna gain the weight back like this!

Glad you're better, PJ. I'm sure half of it is water weight, along with some fat, and a little muscle. 

Lifting weights, like running, or any other specific skill, is going to regress with long periods of time off. You will be back to normal in a month or two, hopefully minus that spare tire. SILVER LINING!

I imagine you'll get your strength back in short time.  Progress in any pursuit has its set backs, just ride it out and keep going.

Muscle memory for those 30lbs of muscle you put on

Man... I wish I got shingles. Sounds like a hell of a weight loss tool. Hope you gain it back soon and I'm the way you want!

Get A Grip Dude -

6'6", 187lb???

6'7 actually, thats why I am upset about it, cant really afford to be losing weight!

Shingles had the opposite effect on me.  Either the virus or the medication gave me a voracious appetite

DrOrloff -

Man... I wish I got shingles. Sounds like a hell of a weight loss tool. Hope you gain it back soon and I'm the way you want!

i do not recommend it!

Passive Jay is the OG's version of a white Manute Bol.

PJ, it’s much easier to get back muscle you lost compared to adding on the muscle initially. In a month you will get all your strength back.

ufc98newb -

Glad you're better, PJ. I'm sure half of it is water weight, along with some fat, and a little muscle. 

Lifting weights, like running, or any other specific skill, is going to regress with long periods of time off. You will be back to normal in a month or two, hopefully minus that spare tire. SILVER LINING!

true! I am only a few days back into workiing out so I am sure it will get better.

Save the bullshit and just post your PayPal already since you clearly are setting us up for free pizza with the weight loss and sadness over Xmas.