Lost a dear friend in a plane crash

On August 20 I lost a good friend, the world lost a great man, and a woman and 2 children lost a husband and father.

Hollis Malone's plane crashed around 3 pm on August 20th. He was a 4th generation pilot, former commercial pilot and was flying a cropduster.

News tribute for Hollis

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/26408058/heartland-wom

It is nearly impossible for AG pilots to obtain life insurance. There is a memorial fund set up on go fund me for expenses for his family and college for his children. If you have a little to spare it would be greatly appreciated by his family.

Link to memorial fund

http://www.gofundme.com/dmfmz4

RIP Hollis. Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Ttt

Rip hollis Phone Post 3.0

Fuck, RIP Hollis.

RIP. Poor kids Phone Post 3.0

RIP Phone Post 3.0

Investigation is pointing toward a mechanical error.

It was his first day flying for a new company and flying that particular plane.

On August 16th he and his wife announced they were pregnant with their second child. On the 19th he heard his unborn child's heart beat for the first and only time.

Hollis was an awesome guy. Always laughing and smiling and never met a stranger. 2000 plus showed up for his funeral. He impacted those around him like no one I've ever known and I'm lucky to have been able to be his friend. We had been friends since I changed schools in 7th grade. He was one of the first to approach me and make me feel welcome there. He was one of the most genuine and nice people I've ever known. The world becomes a darker place for every person like Hollis that it loses. Phone Post 3.0

Heavy,..RIP Phone Post 3.0

It's always terrible to hear about a fellow pilot getting killed.  He was the same age as me as well.

RIP

Skydiving in the Everglades!: http://youtu.be/_hsvyVAXn08 Phone Post 3.0

stephen1547 -

It's always terrible to hear about a fellow pilot getting killed.  He was the same age as me as well.

RIP

He died doing what he loved.

He always would tell us that he was lucky to have the life he did. That he woke up excited to go to work every day. He always said flying was like getting to play a video game outside. Phone Post 3.0

He was born the same year as me.... And died on my birthday, crazy Phone Post 3.0

Rip Phone Post 3.0

sorry to hear bro. Phone Post

Aww man, now I has a sad at the end of the night =(

Sorry for your loss op, sorry for his family. RIP Phone Post 3.0

RIP

Sounds like he was a great guy.

I didn't know it was such a dangerous job, you have my condolences.

Sad stuff. Rest in peace. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you for the kind words. I just wanted to share a piece of his story with the people here on the OG. He was someone to look up to and someone who would have fit right in here. Phone Post 3.0

So sorry to hear, I've lost 2 people close to me in plane accidents. One was like my uncle, on a float plane in Alaska, the other my good friends mom on an Alaska airlines flight.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. Phone Post 3.0