Lost a friend & hero today.

Roy Horn was single-handedly responsible for creating the style of magic that made lifelong careers in the Vegas magic community possible. I was never a fan of the style, but grateful he laid the groundwork. I would not have enjoyed the career I have had thus far.

Thanks, Roy. The past 17 years have been a struggle for you; still sad to see you go.

3 Likes

Oh fuck that sucks...

Are you a performer?  I think we've talked on here before about James Randi and some other magic related stuff.

I work in entertainment in Vegas.

I'm sorry for your loss and the loss to the Vegas entertainment community.

Sorry for your loss man.

RIPPERONI

pour one out for the homies

BarkLikeADog - I work in entertainment in Vegas.

I’m not trying to blow up your spot, but when I saw you do your act I was blown away at your skill, Big thanks to you Terry Fator.  What you do is magic in its purest form. 

I hope you know I’m just trying to make you smile. I’m sorry for the loss of your friend.  

dhughes - 

Are you a performer?  I think we've talked on here before about James Randi and some other magic related stuff.

I've seen his show.  He's also a good standup bass player. 

Sorry for your loss brother 

Sorry for your loss. Took my parents to the show years ago and we all loved it. Still one of the greatest live shows I've ever seen.

1 Like

ABCTT_sakurabas ear -
BarkLikeADog - I work in entertainment in Vegas.

I’m not trying to blow up your spot, but when I saw you do your act I was blown away at your skill, Big thanks to you Terry Fator.  What you do is magic in its purest form. 

I hope you know I’m just trying to make you smile. I’m sorry for the loss of your friend.  

Lol @ Terry Fator

none of these clowns could hold a candle to the grestness that is Doug Henning. 

Mark

Fator's Mirage contract was terminated in February, fwiw.

Damn, RIP Roy. They say it was Covid19. I never got to see the Siegfried & Roy show but I’ve always love watching magicians and what they do. I saw a few others like David Blaine, and saw David Copperfield a few times live. But never got to see their show. I regret it now. 

Sorry for your loss. :(

New Frontier era:

MGM era.  Same bit; bigger cats, a few years later:

RIP Roy Horn

big fan of your posts BarkLikeADog, even if I don't agree all the time. I enjoy them as an OGer

Bukkaked by Bombers -

RIP Roy Horn

big fan of your posts BarkLikeADog, even if I don't agree all the time. I enjoy them as an OGer

Good videos. It's exhilarating seeing them do magic with wild animals and all the danger it entails, but those doves looked well trained.