LOST MY JOB...

Yep, Monday I walked in and was told that I wasn't on any of the jobs for the week. I was walking down the steps of the building and was, literally, on the phone to a former employer asking him if he had work.

He did and I started Tuesday.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Holy shit! If you guys read my thread about lifting that 300 pound bathtub, you know that my partner was an asshole. I can't even convey to most people how hard it is to be locked up in a bathroom for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, with someone you want to hit with a hammer. Again and again and again...

This was part of the reason I was coming home so exhausted. I didn't even realize how draining it is to be around a freaking psychic vampire like that. I expended so much energy keeping myself in check that it was affecting everything else. I've been exhausted and sick more times in the last 4 months than I have in the last 4 years.

Stress is a killer.

So I'm working for my old boss and some of the old crew and it's awesome. Today, even though I was lugging buckets full of rocks around and mixing epoxy, I felt like a prisoner of war that had been released. It felt so damn good to actually enjoy not only what I'm doing, but the people that I'm working with.

With all the shit going on for the last year and half (too much to list but some of you have an idea), I actually felt HAPPY today. That's something I haven't really felt in a long, long, time and it was like welcoming an old friend back to town.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read my post. ;) I probably should post it on the OG, but I'm closer to more people here. And if you don't like it, remember that 1) I'm a mod and B) I'm SCRAPPER and I do what I want.

hahaha!

Train hard brothers and sisters,

SCRAP

p.s. I'll be posting an update to my website soon. Anyone have any requests for anything in particular? Sorry, no nudie shots...you gotta pay for those. ;)

ttt

:(

Scrapper -

I can relate, bro. I'm in a lousy work situation too, just no immediate prospects. So I'm looking...

With your rep, I thought you were making serious bank training people or something similar. Maybe it's time to put out Mod. 2.

Glad to hear things have improved. Sanity is cheaper to keep than to get back, as is your health. Good luck!

ttt

:(

Brother, there's no :( about it. I walked away from a job that was draining me mentally and emotionally.

With your rep, I thought you were making serious bank training people or something similar.

Things were looking that way and then everything went downhill. Seriously, 2004 was the worst year of my life.

Maybe it's time to put out Mod. 2.

Dude...Triple Threat (me, Wiggy, and Taku's training program, Taku's Interval Training DVD, and Mod. 2 have all been busting all kinds of havoc in my head the last few days.

I just have to get my own sorry ass back into training so I don't look like a fat clownshoe in the videos. ;)

Train hard,

SCRAP

I can totally relate to your situation. I went through hell in my last
job. I lasted 6 months but in the end the situation got really bad
within just a couple of days I was physically unable to go back to
work.
It took me a while to get back on track training and nutrition wise.

I'm glad to hear that you found a new job right away and one
where you can work off all the stress from your old job.

Good Luck!

I followed your story a bit since your son came to live with you and after all that I firmly believe that
you did the right thing with the job :)

very sorry to hear that bro...but look on the bright side..you have all that extra time to give me training advice for my next fight ;)

"It felt so damn good to actually enjoy not only what I'm doing, but the people that I'm working with."

Can't put a price tag on that!

to Life!

Glad things are lookin up.

As I read Scrapper's post I immediately thought of Office Space, last
scene, when the guy is working on the work site and just loving it:
"Fuckin' A'. Glad to hear it.

I still curse you daily for your workouts of course, and wish you loads
of physical pain in return. But still,
fuckin' A.

-tDC

"lugging buckets full of rocks around"

Sounds like you should go find that chick again, and get a massage. Buckets of rocks put extra stress on the taint, so make sure she is informed of the pain you are probably in.

lather, rinse, repeat.

Being that you are ex-Navy, I'm curious if you have ever looked back and regretted leaving for civilian life. Thoughts?

Being that you are ex-Navy, I'm curious if you have ever looked back and regretted leaving for civilian life. Thoughts?

There are some times when I regret it. I mean, stability, benefits, etc. Those things are important, especially if you have a family.

However.

As the Navy became a "kindler, gentler" military I saw the guys like me were looked down upon. I was a bad guy because I loved diving, but it can be dangerous, and if you're weak or scared you could get someone killed. Me giving the guys that couldn't handle the work load was not good for "moral".

That on top of the numerous back stabbings I got from my superiors was more than enough for me to get out.

SCRAP

Scraper I am glad you are back to doing something that
you are enjoying more. Good luck with a Mod 2.

Grandpab

Scrap, good to hear things are better. Reminds me of my crap situation. I work for a small Police Department and its almost funny what goes on here. Luckily, I work 4 days on 4 days off. Work out alot and healthy doses of the Dave Chappelle show keeps my insanity intact.
Stay Strong

Kinda a related situation in my own life, I feel where you're coming from:
I just started a job at a dog kennel at a vet that I thought I would love, but one of my supervisors seems to have it in for myself and the other new guy....

They have me working 30-35 hours a week when I wanted to do a 20-25 hour part-time deal. It's Greatly interefering with my training time. It's only been two weeks and I already think I want to quit!

-Andrew

ttt 4 scrapper! and good luck this year!

Hey Scrapper,

How'd your physcial training business take a down slope?

sup SCRAPPER been a long time bro :) been a long time since i been on SnC forum

SS