Lots of jobs out there right now for us poors.

If you don't have anything to go back to when this whole thing is over I'd suggest hitting some temp agencies immediately to get a jump on the competition. Many of them are temp to permanent hire positions and some of the positions are direct hire with the agency doing nothing other than connecting you. 

There are many temp agencies that also specialize in the tech industry and other positions requiring more formal education. I'm only making this post because I've seen it mentioned on here that the competition for jobs is going to be fierce when this is all over. Get up get out (on the interweb) and get somethin while you can.

Otherwise some of you on the lower earning side, like myself, are gonna run out of unemployment and be like "they took our jerbs!!" Anyways, I hope everybody is doing ok and isn't just numbing themselves with mind and mood altering substances trying to avoid the inevitable reality. If you are, just try and get some productive shit done in between beers, bongloads, bumps, benzos, or whatever it may be.

I've reached out to a few jobs and a couple agencies starting last Thursday and have already had to push off a couple interviews until next week to see whether or not the job that I really want comes through or not. Carpe diem martha fockers. I'm gonna go tan my taint.

1 Like

The two recruiters that I use have both been laid off. But I am in LA in the creative/advertising space, so it's been brutal out here.

Fuck. Sorry to hear it man. Hopefully this shit is all over sooner than later.

Be smart and get a job in an essential field if you’re currently seeking employment. This shit will probably happen again this fall and anything nonessential will probably go under.

1 Like

Shit. Hopefully not. I'm trying to get on at a brake actuator production plant. They're still chugging along.

Respect to OP. He wants to work and has a gameplan.

get hired at amazon

Landscaping is busier than ever.

1 Like

Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

rekt - 

get hired at amazon

Is it propaganda or true ? I have heard it is a horrible company to work with.

williepep -
rekt - 

get hired at amazon

Is it propaganda or true ? I have heard it is a horrible company to work with.

I work for Amazon picking groceries at Whole foods. Easy job, just have to deal w Stoopid cunts. The warehouse and delivery jobs suck balls fr what I hear.

I haven’t missed a day of work and we have set records numbers for the months of March and April. It’s very weird. 

1 Like

Hate seeing what’s going on with small business and so many of my friends with specific skills.  As Mike Rowe said recently, there are no non-essential jobs.  

I have been extremely fortunate and have never this busy.  Our company recently reported its best quarter ever, that ended on March 31.  Its surreal and humbling.

I’m doing all I can to help keep people busy with a complete kitchen remodel, eating lunch and dinner at local restaurants, etc.  we could have waited, but I have enjoyed speaking with every contractor who is happy with the work and hope they all stay busy as can be (despite neighbors asking ‘how is that safe’ and ‘how dare you bring “others” around’... well this just encouraged a new landscape project to happen as soon as possible.. f my whiny neighbors.

sorry for rant and good luck everyone 

1 Like

"Don't go back to work. Work is hard!"

- AOC

For all those coffee baristas out there with school loans to pay off. Start looking into trades. Any trade. Lots of oppurtunities available and even some willing to train with zero experience. The trades were hurting before all this virus bs, those same trades will always be there. They are what built this great country. They are what your forefathers did. They are what some of your fathers did. They are not going away. 

jcblass - The two recruiters that I use have both been laid off. But I am in LA in the creative/advertising space, so it's been brutal out here.

"Open yourself up to new opportunities!"

RoughRider Studios: Van Nuys, California

I did a temp job for 13 months before they hired me. No vacation. No health insurance. But it paid off. I do actually recommend them to get your foot in the door

see what fields they are recruiting for and just direct apply to those that field.