Lotta talk about ribs recently on this forum...

jcblass - 

Those look a little pale and blond to me. I wouldn't be happy with those ribs, but I am sure they tasted great. The couple in the background were guests from the UK. They don't typically get stuff like this over there. 

Those look nice!

Kudos.

MyDaddy - Am I living in crazy land? Those ribs LITERALLY look like they came out of some chain-store oven like Chilie's. Like, everything just looks dumb downed. Like, "yes, I'll take the ribs that have been sitting in the oven for 24 hours, just like millions of ribs before them, overcooked because we don't want any undercooked liability concerns, that will be ok."

Versus mine came straight off a HOT FIRE, smoke and flames everywhere, adding sauce trying not to get my arm burned off, etc. etc. Its like hot, spicy and fresh versus overcooked and drab. But to each his own I guess. Some love those overcooked "fall off the bone" ribs I guess...

Yours dont have an even smoke ring, a nice even bark, constant grill marks, or anything else anyone looks for in a rib.

MyDaddy - Am I living in crazy land? Those ribs LITERALLY look like they came out of some chain-store oven like Chilie's. Like, everything just looks dumb downed. Like, "yes, I'll take the ribs that have been sitting in the oven for 24 hours, just like millions of ribs before them, overcooked because we don't want any undercooked liability concerns, that will be ok."

Versus mine came straight off a HOT FIRE, smoke and flames everywhere, adding sauce trying not to get my arm burned off, etc. etc. Its like hot, spicy and fresh versus overcooked and drab. But to each his own I guess. Some love those overcooked "fall off the bone" ribs I guess...

No rib should fall off the bone. My ribs do not fall off the bone, that means they are over cooked. You want the meat to pull from the bone nicely, leaving a bite mark, not go to hell. 

If you think these ribs look like "Chilli's" you are totally blinded by your bias. 

Cooking ribs hot and fast  will not render the fat properl. They will be chewy and rather bland. 

This is how I prepare my "over cooked" ribs that supposedly overcook for 24 hours LOL

jcblass - 

No rib should fall off the bone. My ribs do not fall off the bone, that means they are over cooked. You want the meat to pull from the bone nicely, leaving a bite mark, not go to hell. 

If you think these ribs look like "Chilli's" you are totally blinded by your bias. 

Cooking ribs hot and fast  will not render the fat properl. They will be chewy and rather bland. 

THIS MOTHER FUCKER RIGHT HERE.

Exactly correct. You dont want the whole thing to "Fall off the bone".

Great Bark, Great smoke ring, nice looking "chew".

Those are some fucking ribs.

jcblass is that just and offset smoker or a pellet smoker?

They look glued-to-the-bone delicious!

OP's ribs look like ass. 

jcblass's ribs look like class. 

1 Like
Brockback Mountain - jcblass is that just and offset smoker or a pellet smoker?

Just and inexpensive offset smoker. I completed a few mods to help seal it, but pretty straight forward. Also have a nice weber too, which I use to cook hot and fast.

Awesome ribs JB. Are you single?

Jcblass, those ribs look amazing dude