Louis Smolka looked like death at weigh ins

Not so much his physique, but the way he was carrying himself. Staggering to the scale, could barely stand up straight or pose for the cameras. If you want a reason to ban extreme weight cutting, this is it. Surprisingly, everyone made weight, for once. 

Skip to 6:20

IMO he doesn't look nearly as bad as when he weighed in against Ray Borg, even during the fight he was looking rough. I lost some respect for Borg in that fight, yea he won but he weighed in like 5 pounds heavy against an opponent who looked like death draining himself to make the weight.

Constantly looking like you're about to die is usually a good sign that you should probably move up 10 pounds.

The solution to extreme weight cutting is for the UFC to stipulate appropriate weight classes. Looking like a corpse is a poor image for the sport, dangerous and unnecessary.

Son of Neckbone - The solution to extreme weight cutting is for the UFC to stipulate appropriate weight classes. Looking like a corpse is a poor image for the sport, dangerous and unnecessary.

It's crazy what a difference a few lbs makes. Between 140-190 those classes should be separated by 7 lbs, encouraging 15 lb cuts between classes is crazy in any other sport.

What is "the hoop" used for women weighing in that the chick commentating was on about? (I skipped to Smolka)

it's a wrap-around mini changing cubicle ^^^

hope 'Pole' is able to compete today 

mindless optimism -

it's a wrap-around mini changing cubicle ^^^

hope 'Pole' is able to compete today 

Please tell me that's his real nickname 

Technical Primates -

Constantly looking like you're about to die is usually a good sign that you should probably move up 10 pounds.

touch -
Technical Primates -

And/or that weight classes shouldn't be seperate by as much as 15 pounds

Smolka looked like death in his last fight as well....

Rookie mistake cutting all the way down... Should've stopped at 127.2 and pushed the towel down to "see the scale"