Louisiana woman loses Eye & both Arms to Pitbulls

Linda Henry loses arms, eye after attack by her dogs

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2229299103001

WESTWEGO, La. (WGNO/CNN) - A Louisiana woman, who police say was mauled by her own pitbulls, remains hospitalized Friday.

Linda Henry suffered extensive injuries. She lost sight in one eye and doctors had to amputate both of her arms.

"If she have a fighting chance if she come outta this," said neighbor Gerladine Sims.

"Linda Henry is a survivor," said Henry's sister, Elaine Hamilton.

A neighbor called police Wednesday, hearing 54-year-old Linda Henry inside her home being attacked by pit bulls and screaming for her life.

"Her eyeball was gone," said the victim's nephew, Cardell Henry.

"With the skin ripped open and fell to the front of her face. All of this was straight up skull," said Hamilton.

"They just came out of surgery with her and they had to remove her arms," said Sims.

Westwego Police say they heard the woman screaming inside but every time they tried to open the door, the dogs would charge, trying to attack them.

"There was police. There was over there a while trying to get in," said Sims.

"It kept trying to attack me," said Cardell Henry.

"Every time he tried to push they kept saying, get off of her, get off of her," said Sims.

"I think it was mostly due to her puppies that were in there too. And then once one dog goes off, the other ones are going to join in," said Hamilton.

Police eventually found a way to shoot and kill the three attacking pitbulls inside.

"When they opened the door, they fired like four shots for three dogs," said Cardell Henry.

"She's been around those dogs since they were born," said Hamilton.

A fourth pitbull was also shot and killed. Police say eight puppies found inside were taken to the animal shelter.

"All I'm asking everybody to do is pray for her. Cause she need it," said Hamilton.

DAYUM SON !!

Tragic, why were there 12 pitbulls in a house?

4 dogs and 8 puppies? Fuck trying to get some sleep there. Phone Post

Cue up pic of some OG'ers pits and their whole "My dogs are big babies!!!" Phone Post

PrisonMattressPuncher - 

I feel sorry for her situation, but meh it's not "tragic", she brought it on herself and knew the risks. I have little sympathy for people who willing bring multiple pitbulls around their families. Pitbulls are bred to be HIGHLY aggressive, and one they go ballistic they cannot be stopped easily.There is no reason for to have a bunch of pitbulls. What do you expect?? They are a problem, and are a risk for all.

Yep.

I felt bad until I realized it was her pitbull. Better the owner than some 8 year old kid walking to school in the morning. It would be a better world if all pitbulls killed their owners and then cops shot the pitbulls.

Kinkle - 
PrisonMattressPuncher - 

I feel sorry for her situation, but meh it's not "tragic", she brought it on herself and knew the risks. I have little sympathy for people who willing bring multiple pitbulls around their families. Pitbulls are bred to be HIGHLY aggressive, and one they go ballistic they cannot be stopped easily.There is no reason for to have a bunch of pitbulls. What do you expect?? They are a problem, and are a risk for all.

Yep.

I felt bad until I realized it was her pitbull. Better the owner than some 8 year old kid walking to school in the morning. It would be a better world if all pitbulls killed their owners and then cops shot the pitbulls.

Fuck yeah. Great way to save the world there!

Pits get unfairly targeted.

This kind of thing happens with labs ALL THE TIME.

If a pomerian freaks out on your ass you have a funny story to tell, with pitbull you have a pair of soiled pants to replace if you're lucky.

Bucephalus - Pits get unfairly targeted.

Labs do bite plenty of people all the time. But the amount of damage a Labarador Retriever can do compared to an American Pit Bull Terrier is just not even remotely comparable, like not even in the same ballpark. That doesn't make Pits inherently bad dogs, just means that the potential for danger is more because they are more powerful -- this is clearly not an indication of them being evil in any way, shape, or form.

Pit Bulls are not to be taken lightly -- I absolutely love the breed, but they for sure have the potential to be more dangerous than your average house dog, simply for the fact that they can inflict so much damage when they do decide to bite. I think they can be, and usually are wonderful dogs, but there are always going to be incidents that speak to the contrary. There are agressive dogs out there, and there are negligent owners. Unfortunately a big, big problem is that the main demographic that are attracted to this breed in this day and age are low-life, trashy, thug mentalities looking for a dog to be mean, and that is really reflected in the breed today. Working in the pet industry, I can't tell you how many times I talk to customers (in many cases obvious drug dealers) who make it no secret that they deliberately want their dogs to be mean, even asking me for advice on how to achieve this. It is disgusting, and I wish that there was some way to stop dogs from falling into these peoples hands without infringing upon individual liberties and government interference on a deep and disturbing basis. They can be as good as any other breed depending on the individual dog and the owner. There are so many variables at play, so many factors. It is not nearly as cut and dry or black and white as pit haters or pit lovers will make you believe.

I have an American Bulldog, Scott line, who many people mistake for a Pit -- and I love that dog. She is the first bully breed I have ever owned, and I was so naive to all the BSL laws at the time and the whle Pitbull controversy and debate. All I know is I love my dog, and she has been nothing but good to me. Most of my experiences with Pits have been more than pleasant, but there are always going to be rotten apples that spoil the bunch, and I have encountered some nasty Pits. An aggressive pitbull has plenty of potential to be dangerous, so I can understand people being frightened or scared. I wish there was an easy solution: I love my dog.

Bucephalus - Pits get unfairly targeted.

Bull fucking shit. Dog bit statistics, news stories, common sense do not back this statement up. No other breed causes the amount of attacks as pitbulls do. Phone Post

Did you guys just post serious responses to my post?

I thought I was being pretty obvious.....

What's the best way to stop a pit bull or big dog if they are hell bent on coming for you? Put your arm out? Kick? Anything proven to help escape? Phone Post

JasonJ - Obviously a bad owner. My Saltwater Crocodile would never hurt a fly. I trained him well. Raised him with love. He is the most loving saltwater crocodile I've ever known. I let him babysit kids sometimes. Sweetest little guy.

LOL Phone Post

Beatrix Kiddo - What's the best way to stop a pit bull or big dog if they are hell bent on coming for you? Put your arm out? Kick? Anything proven to help escape? Phone Post

If it is just one, kicking it is your first option if you have no weapons. From my experience, you can pin them and then try to choke. There are articles of guys choking and killing dogs attacking them, including a pit. Phone Post

Here is another doozy that just happened: "Pit Bull Attacks Md. Woman 1 Day After State Overturns Court Decision That Breed Is Inherently Dangerous"

"At about 2:40 p.m. on Feb. 22, police responded to the 7600 block of North Point Road in Edgemere for a report of an injured person. According to a statement by spokesman Officer Shawn Vinson, police determined the injured woman had been seriously mauled by at least one of her own pet Pit Bulls. She was transported with severe injuries to John Hopkins Bayview Hospital."

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/animal-rights/pit-bull-attacks-md-woman-1-day-after-state-overturns-court-decision-breed Phone Post

Typical pit bull attack thread:

1) It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs properly
2) Personal anecdotes about how gentle they can be
3) Those weren't really pitbulls

shaqitup -

Tragic, why were there 12 pitbulls in a house?

White trash Phone Post