Love the Ref Cam

I wish the UFC would add the ref cam to their shows. Initially I thought the Arlovsky stoppage was too quick but when you can see it from McCarthy's stand point you can definitely see it was a good stoppage. They need to strap on one these cams to Yves Lavinge. I think he's a great ref but sometimes I wonder what the hell he's lookin at in some of his more recent stoppages.

If they put one on Lavinge it would not get any footage of the fight.

cohiba79 - I wish the UFC would add the ref cam to their shows. Initially I thought the Arlovsky stoppage was too quick but when you can see it from McCarthy's stand point you can definitely see it was a good stoppage. They need to strap on one these cams to Yves Lavinge. I think he's a great ref but sometimes I wonder what the hell he's lookin at in some of his more recent stoppages.
I was thinking the exact same thing; it was cool how you can see that what the ref is viewing is slightly different from what the TV public is viewing. I think it would clear up a bunch of stoppage complaints if people could see what the ref what looking at in the replay.

Yeah, the ref cam is a great idea and will probably be standard in the future (hopefully).

at least we couldn't bash the refs that much if we could see what they were seeing at that given moment.

signed

As a ref up here in New England approaching 1K bouts as 3rd man in the cage, I couldn't agree more. There are many instances where the only two who can really see what's going on is the ref and the striking fighter. Often the perfect stoppage is nanoseconds from a fight that is stopped too late. Having one of those cameras could answer many of those "why did he stop that" questions. Good post!

Kevin the ref

PRIDE was definitely ahead of its time.