Luciferianists vs satanist? What’s the difference?

All I can see regarding satanists is that they are Hot Topic shopping atheists who just want to use satanic imagery to be different. Am I wrong regarding this? And I can’t tell if they are different at all from luciferianists? 

None, most Satanists would probably not admit to being Satanists, but might admit to being Luciferians.

I thought Satanism wasn't really the worship of Satan but the worship of "oneself"...
Like, do what makes you happy... Do what pleasures you...

ABCTT_Disco Dracula - I thought Satanism wasn't really the worship of Satan but the worship of "oneself"...

Which sounds just like a normal thing anyone who doesn’t believe or buy into religion would be into. Why the whole edgy imagery to seem extra....edgy? 

DrPeterVenkman -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - I thought Satanism wasn't really the worship of Satan but the worship of "oneself"...

Which sounds just like a normal thing anyone who doesn’t believe or buy into religion would be into. Why the whole edgy imagery to seem extra....edgy? 

I think it's to mock Christianity and catholicism...

The Anton LaVey style Satanists just view Satan as a symbol and are like hedonists.

bdpreddit -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
DrPeterVenkman -

Catholicism is Christianity.
No it's not...

bdpreddit -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
bdpreddit -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
DrPeterVenkman -

No it's not...

yes it is. Catholics are Christians.
I get that...

But not all Christians are catholic...

bdpreddit -
DrPeterVenkman - 

All I can see regarding satanists is that they are Hot Topic shopping atheists who just want to use satanic imagery to be different. Am I wrong regarding this? And I can’t tell if they are different at all from luciferianists? 

You can't be an atheists and be a "Satanist". If you believe in the devil you aren't exactly an atheist.

A big part of the point I attempted to make. 

ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
bdpreddit -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
bdpreddit -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
DrPeterVenkman -

No it's not...

yes it is. Catholics are Christians.
I get that...

But not all Christians are catholic...
You two mean different things.

Catholicism is not synonymous with Christianity. They don't mean the same thing, but Catholicism is a sect or branch of Christianity.

That's the point I believe you are trying to make?

bdpreddit -
DrPeterVenkman - 
bdpreddit -
DrPeterVenkman - 

You can't be an atheists and be a "Satanist". If you believe in the devil you aren't exactly an atheist.

A point some edgelords don't get. The same guys who don't believe in a God are the same idiots who think hot blue aliens will come one day on earth to take away their virginity. The most ardent atheist I know will argue to his death that he has seen a ghost and aliens exist.

They also don’t believe in God but believe in dark magic and shit. A really weird attention seeking bunch that make it difficult to understand them.

They are mocking Christians, specifically Catholics because of the dramatic type of service or mass and symbolism I am guessing.

Robert Thomas - They are mocking Christians, specifically Catholics because of the dramatic type of service or mass and symbolism I am guessing.

Well, I should have added they seem super into magic while claiming to be atheist. 

bdpreddit -
DrPeterVenkman - 
bdpreddit -
DrPeterVenkman - 
bdpreddit -
DrPeterVenkman - 

A point some edgelords don't get. The same guys who don't believe in a God are the same idiots who think hot blue aliens will come one day on earth to take away their virginity. The most ardent atheist I know will argue to his death that he has seen a ghost and aliens exist.

They also don’t believe in God but believe in dark magic and shit. A really weird attention seeking bunch that make it difficult to understand them.

Understand them? Not too difficult. Get drunk, take xanax to the point of drooling and viola: You have your typical atheist. Add a tshirt saying "Darwin" or some shit like that and you are good.

LOL

Satanism is basically a self focused atheist kinda thing that teaches self empowerment and rebellion.

Luciferianism is based on the morning star Lucifer and viewing him/it/whatever as a positive entity like a liberator instead of as a devil.

bdpreddit -
Too Rude - Satanism is basically a self focused atheist kinda thing that teaches self empowerment and rebellion.

Luciferianism is based on the morning star Lucifer and viewing him/it/whatever as a positive entity like a liberator instead of as a devil.

Satanism is named after Satan. A creation in the Bible. Kind of stupid to even go there if you don't believe in it. Why not name your man made religion Self Deterimiismiashanioloao? Why rebel against a concept yet name your religion after it? That's the height of stupidity.

And rebel against who exactly?
Regardless of what the name is, that is what it is...
And yes, it's very odd...

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

by Anton Szandor LaVey
© 1967

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Do not harm little children.

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

bdpreddit -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
bdpreddit -
Too Rude - Satanism is basically a self focused atheist kinda thing that teaches self empowerment and rebellion.

Satanism is named after Satan. A creation in the Bible. Kind of stupid to even go there if you don't believe in it. Why not name your man made religion Self Deterimiismiashanioloao? Why rebel against a concept yet name your religion after it? That's the height of stupidity.

Regardless of what the name is, that is what it is...
And yes, it's very odd...

Nah, you are talking about line branch of Satanism: LaVeyan Satanism.
It's one failed pedophile who made a few bucks from a handful of lonely losers.

Most true Satanist worship the Biblical Devil: the Prince of Lies.
Yeah, you're probably right...

Too Rude - Satanism is basically a self focused atheist kinda thing that teaches self empowerment and rebellion.

So luciferianists are theistic? The real satan worshipping folks as opposed to satanists?

bdpreddit -

Exactly